Surefire Y300 question

old dog

Newly Enlightened
Is it possible to remove the magnet and still use the steel pocket clip?

old dog

Newly Enlightened

dan05gt

Newly Enlightened
I removed the magnet in mine and use the steel clip. It was very easy.

dan05gt

Newly Enlightened
On mine, I would not call it loose, but there is a very slight amount of lateral play at the very end of the clip. Definitely nothing significant.

old dog

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to all for the info. Mine arrived today. Wow! I was looking for something more pocket-carry friendly than my Fury but with similar features, this is it. Actually a little smaller than I imagined from the specs and photos. Next time I have a couple loose Benjamins I plan on picking up a second one. I never want to be without this gem. I guess Fury is going to live in the glove box now.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to all for the info. Mine arrived today. Wow! I was looking for something more pocket-carry friendly than my Fury but with similar features, this is it. Actually a little smaller than I imagined from the specs and photos. Next time I have a couple loose Benjamins I plan on picking up a second one. I never want to be without this gem. I guess Fury is going to live in the glove box now.

It's good to hear that you are happy with your purchase. I think quite a few people overlook the Y300 due to its unique design, but it really is a great light. It's very pocketable for a 2xCR123 light due to its side-by-side configuration. :twothumbs

thebackcourse

Newly Enlightened
I don't know why they didn't make the thing still functional as a weapon mounted light, sell the mount extra, or even cooler would have been to have it magnetically mount although I suppose that could cause unintended side issues like hampering slide speed/operation on a pistol with a steel slight(almost all handguns) or falling off during heavy recoil...still they could have used the regular rail mount and made it easily removable. Seems weird to sell a light designed for weapons as a non-weapon light with no weapon light conversion or capability.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know why they didn't make the thing still functional as a weapon mounted light, sell the mount extra, or even cooler would have been to have it magnetically mount although I suppose that could cause unintended side issues like hampering slide speed/operation on a pistol with a steel slight(almost all handguns) or falling off during heavy recoil...still they could have used the regular rail mount and made it easily removable. Seems weird to sell a light designed for weapons as a non-weapon light with no weapon light conversion or capability.

Then you wouldn't have to buy 2. Look at the P2X & P3X Fury. Identical heads, identical switches, glued onto different bodies. If you remove the head the warranty is void. $139 P2X $225 P3X - Common Street Prices. You just paid $86 for 1 CR123 sized piece of aluminum. Not a bad markup.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Then you wouldn't have to buy 2. Look at the P2X & P3X Fury. Identical heads, identical switches, glued onto different bodies. If you remove the head the warranty is void. $139 P2X $225 P3X - Common Street Prices. You just paid $86 for 1 CR123 sized piece of aluminum. Not a bad markup.

Or it could be that multimode lights aren't ideal on a firearm.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or it could be that multimode lights aren't ideal on a firearm.

I knew this was coming, and it's potentially a valid point. However, Im rather positive they could make it happen, and the reason they haven't is obviou$ IMO.

Its a very unique and interesting light, I think the runtimes are unacceptable thought.

At any rate OP seems very well pleased and thats all that's really relevant in the context to this thread.

All that said, nice light OP :thumbsup:, glad you are happy with it, I wouldn't mind owning one.

Also it has good endorsements by 880, which IMO carries some weight. His reviews and input are top notch.