50,s rock and roll

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well i love some are new rock bands and even some metale bands like entobed and kiss and etc etc but . man i sure am geting into 50,s rock lately i mean how can you not like check berry buddy holly. and so many other bands like shannna and man to many to name

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
raggie, you might also enjoy music by the Funk Brothers. They backed the Supremes, Temptations, Stevie Wonder, Four Tops, Jimmy Ruffin, Martha Reeves and many others from 1958 - 1970's. They had more hits than the Beach Boys, Beatles, and Elvis COMBINED! The Funk Brothers WERE Motown - not exactly pure rock & roll but they rocked just the same.

hyeTotum

Newly Enlightened
raggie -- I want to tell you that it was a fantastic experience being a teen-ager in the 50's! Rock 'n Roll was king and playing on every radio -- Jazz was wild -- and the great Chicago bluesmen had started using amplified sound!

I'm so glad that many of these early rock and blues records have been re-mastered onto quality sound recordings for everyone to enjoy!

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
We never thought during the 1950s that people would even remember songs by Bill Haley an the Comets, Fats Domino, Johnny & the Hurricanes, Duane Eddy, the Penguins, or even Elvis Presley. after the 50's were over. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked for & got a Bobby Darin greatest hits CD for christmas. Does that count? I think it's kinda late-50s, more early 60's. Oh, and my wife & I will be continuing taking dance classes in the Spring and learning more hop stuff.

BTW: Kevin Spacey is making a bio movie about Bobby Darin right now. Maybe that'll help push '50s music back up front.