zero hour innovations

smoking stroker

Newly Enlightened
Hi. Iam new to this site. I have about 8 lights (all pocket sized). I came across this new light the other night and was wondering what everyone thought about it. It seems like a pretty neat concept

http://youtu.be/LEMV9XBix-Q

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the forum. I made it about 14 seconds into that video. Looks like a $15 light to me. It looks to me like some of the finish is already scratched off the fins! If I am seeing that correctly, I need to not look any further.
You would benefit by giving a better idea of what you budget and light wants are.

Enjoy your time here.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the forum. I made it about 14 seconds into that video. Looks like a $15 light to me. It looks to me like some of the finish is already scratched off the fins! If I am seeing that correctly, I need to not look any further.
You would benefit by giving a better idea of what you budget and light wants are.

Enjoy your time here.

Ditto

smoking stroker

Newly Enlightened
Ok cool thanks. Seems as though the are going to be ripping people off than. Looks like their lights start at 149. Id have no issue paying that money if it was good. I kinda like the idea of having it as a power supply though, but thanks for not letting me waste my money lol. :D

Here are a few of the lights i have
eagletac t20c2, tx25c2, d25
Olight. m21x, s30r baton on 2nd one of these both having a issue
Have a zebralight sc600 on the way should be here tuesday :twothumbs

Any recommendations on a bigger light? Like maybe streamlight stinger sized?

Thanks again for any and all input

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I watched the whole thing, and I think the other two posters dismissed it too quickly. It does look reasonably solid, and the USB charge ability is pretty neat.

It is possible it is made cheaply, and low quality...you can't get an accurate read on that from a video. But it looks interesting. (I see what you mean about the anodizing, but it is just one sample...it isn't any reason to dismiss the entire light/brand, in my opinion.)

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
thedoc007;4591736[B said:
]I watched the whole thing, and I think the other two posters dismissed it too quickly.[/B] It does look reasonably solid, and the USB charge ability is pretty neat.

It is possible it is made cheaply, and low quality...you can't get an accurate read on that from a video. But it looks interesting. (I see what you mean about the anodizing, but it is just one sample...it isn't any reason to dismiss the entire light/brand, in my opinion.)

I judged it as a light first, if that makes sense. Missing ano = no go for Forrest.

Good counter argument thought. It may work really well, but I want a flashlight first.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I judged it as a light first, if that makes sense. Missing ano = no go for Forrest.

Good counter argument thought. It may work really well, but I want a flashlight first.

I'm definitely not arguing. I just don't know one way or the other. I have Fenix lights where some anodizing is missing...doesn't mean they are crappy lights.

I need to see a good review, or hold it in hand, before I will dismiss it outright. That is all.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm definitely not arguing. I just don't know one way or the other. I have Fenix lights where some anodizing is missing...doesn't mean they are crappy lights.

I need to see a good review, or hold it in hand, before I will dismiss it outright. That is all.

No, No - text to speech fail. I couldn't think of a better word.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
The idea and concept is there but I just dislike the UI. Any light that makes me cycle through the different output just to get to where I want is a poor design. That is why the Fenix PD35 didn't get into my collection no matter how tempted I was to get one the last time.

In regards to the anodization, no I don't think it is type III as what the video had said it is. Looks more like type II to me. Only a few manufacturer I know actually and really uses type III anodization. Zebralight, HDS, and Surefire are some of them.

Overall, still a $30 light to me.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light started on kickstarter. I just want my light to be a light. I have battery charging packs to charge USB electronics.