s30r baton issue

smoking stroker

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys as you can tell by my post count i am new to this site. I am in need of some help with a light i have.. i am on my second olight s30r light. The second one is now after a week doing the same thing as the first one. I turn it on and the red charge indicator is on and light will only stay in low mode. Ive tried all different batteries (ones i know are charged) and still no change. I am at a loss with this thing :shrug:

Thanks any help is appreciated

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Return to basic troubleshooting.

Get a multimeter. Bypass the current connection if you can. Hook it to the battery and light body, try turning it on. With high draw devices, you must give a larger contact to the probe. A needle probe from a multimeter can't yield sufficient contact for high amp reading as an ammeter. The light will act weirdly all by itself if you do it with a needle probe.

What does it do with different batteries? Do you have an adjustable DC power supply to feed it your expected voltage and bypass a battery? I do. Got it from MFJ (the radio people.)

Are contacts clean? Is the pill tight in the body? A loose pill can cause lots of weird craziness.

Verify connections and individual components. Bypass them with known good components if you can.

Should make short work of your problem. The fancy digital crap in your Olight is only part of the possible problem.

Got a known good S30R baton? You cut your troubleshooting time in half easily.

Last edited:

smoking stroker

Newly Enlightened
Return to basic troubleshooting.

thanks for the fast reply. I do have a fluke multimeter for auto use.. ill have to take a look at the troubleshooting sticky in this forum to see how to do all the testing

Thanks

Get a multimeter. Bypass the current connection if you can. Hook it to the battery and light body, try turning it on. With high draw devices, you must give a larger contact to the probe. A needle probe from a multimeter can't yield sufficient contact for high amp reading as an ammeter. The light will act weirdly all by itself if you do it with a needle probe.

What does it do with different batteries? Do you have an adjustable DC power supply to feed it your expected voltage and bypass a battery? I do. Got it from MFJ (the radio people.)

Are contacts clean? Is the pill tight in the body? A loose pill can cause lots of weird craziness.

Verify connections and individual components. Bypass them with known good components if you can.

Should make short work of your problem. The fancy digital crap in your Olight is only part of the possible problem.

Got a known good S30R baton? You cut your troubleshooting time in half easily.