Northeast Blizzard 2015

scout24

Flashaholic
(I realize to some this may seem to be jumping the gun... apologies in advance if it turns out to be flurries ) We apparently have a blizzard bearing down on the Northeast, with snow coming in tomorrow afternoon and lasting into Wednesday. North New Jersey to way up past Boston,we're expecting 18-24" of snow here in my little corner of NY. Hope everyone else in the path is safe and relatively unaffected. First big snow here this year, with the winds expected it may get ugly with power outages. Batteries charged, hatches battened, gas cans filled, fingers crossed it's all for naught, ready to roll in case it's not... :)

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds crazy.

(The worst I've had to deal with here in Portland,OR was about 6 to 10 inches of snow back during the Blizzard of 1996.)

2 feet of snow seems unimaginable.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
20+ inches of snow forecast for Central Park, with near-hurricane force winds throughout Manhattan peaking at two in the morning..

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Live quick guide to transit/transportation closures here, basically everything, including the rails, stops at 11 tonight. Penn station one hour ago:

zQVYWYo.jpg