Armytek Barracuda XM-L2 - Long Term Users!

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
During Shot I had the pleasure of experiencing Armytek and there pure enthusiasm for their lights and CPF. I was so impressed I started taking a hard look at some of there offerings. The Armytek Barracuda XM-L2 really peaked my interest as I am looking and learning about throwers..... 8 years of reading and I know nodda on throwers.

That said this light will be used as a BOB light in addition to night Hiking in Zion canyon. I did start a similar thread for a USA brand but this one is dedicated to this specific light and the old thread is not salvageable to change the whole topic. My question is, how are they holding up? How is warranty support? Any known issues? Love it? Hate it? Just looking for some long term feedback.

Thanks!

- Forrest

kj2

Flashaholic
Have mine for little over a year now. Holds up good, although I don't abuse it. Always gentle with my lights. UI is plain simple and throws like crazy. Mine has a pure white beam so I have nothing to complain tint wise. Coating and threads hold up perfectly but again, I'm easy on my lights. Never had any issues with it.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
With respect to the Barracuda, I have heard no CPF member howling for Armytek's blood. Usually a good sign. A lot of us here love AT.

I've a spread of Predators, I don't speak "Barracuda" at this time. I've been really, really giving that light the eye though.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
With respect to the Barracuda, I have heard no CPF member howling for Armytek's blood. Usually a good sign. A lot of us here love AT.

I've a spread of Predators, I don't speak "Barracuda" at this time. I've been really, really giving that light the eye though.

Noticed this for most of there modles.

@ kj2 Throws like crazy..... thats what Im talkin bout! Also, beat your lights up a little, it will be OK.

Still fishing, any other input out their on the Cuda? Anyone beat one up? Actually use it to search for someone in a crazy location like in the pics :p? Has some pretty optimistic specs in the tuff department.....