The Mrs. just raised the "Wife Ante" with her response.

buds224

Enlightened
A family friend finally noticed my PD35 and was blown away by it. She started putting her husband's flashlights to utter shame by playing with it and shining it in his direction. She complained to him how their last blackout was terrible on her and their new baby since they have cheap flashlights with almost dead batteries.

She then proceeded to ask if I was willing to sell her one of mine since she couldn't see herself paying full price on what I showed her on the internet.

I came home and my wife noticed I was in deep thought. She asks if something was bothering me. I explained to her the previous conversation and that I was at a loss as to what to do. I want to help our friend, yet I couldn't figure out what light I was going to sell off. She straight up said, "No, no, don't even think about selling any of the Fenix, Klarus, Jetbeams, or Nitecores. That really put a smile on my face and cleared my head. I will be selling her a Sipik SK68. 'Nuff Said. My wife is awesome!

Last edited:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, that is so cool, my wife just knows that I own flashlights and classifies them as "big" (Jetbeam M1X) and "small" (Lummi Raw).

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife was using my surefire L6 right up to her dropping it bezel 1st on the tile floor and shattering the lens(back to surefire to have lens replaced), now she is using a PD 35 with the recommendation to try not to drop this one on the tile floor like the 1st time.

1DaveN

Enlightened
Not sure if this helps at all. I just got a "damaged box" PD35 from Fenix Outfitters for about $15 less than the usual price. It was in as good a shape as you see in some stores, and the light itself is perfect. It arrived in 2 days and their customer service couldn't be better.

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where do y'all buy your Sipik 68 giveaways from today? If you're willing, I'd sure appreciate a PM'd link (if it can't be posted in the thread).

harro

Enlightened
Hang on a minute, lets get back to the WIFE thing. How do you even get your wife to know the difference between a big light and a small light ?? Mine just knows them as those ' things in that cabinet ', and that statement encompasses everything from an EO1 to a TK75, and lots between, as well as different makers.

:thinking:

buds224

Enlightened
Hang on a minute, lets get back to the WIFE thing. How do you even get your wife to know the difference between a big light and a small light ?? Mine just knows them as those ' things in that cabinet ', and that statement encompasses everything from an EO1 to a TK75, and lots between, as well as different makers.

:thinking:

She didn't really get into flashlights until we got stationed in Japan. Here, regular transportation to get around base is via bicycle and daylight hours are short in the winter time. So she's had time, in the past 3 years to figure out which lights she likes to use. On top of that....being stationed on a ship, she figured out her favorite EDC is the LD20 with a red lens filter; red lights are mandatory when underway. She keeps a Thrunite Ti on her keychain. In the purse, a Nitecore SENS AA. All this started with her being picky about the light on her bike. So she learned what works best for herself. She's even determined that neutral/warm lights are better for her than cool tinted lights.

Had we still been stationed in the States, she'd probably know nothing about lights; "a flashlight is just a flashlight" / pre-Japan.

Last edited:

Speedfreakz

Newly Enlightened
I guess I should say that your a lucky man that can share your hobby although now you can't really bring lights in under the radar. Thinking more on it you're a lucky man. Happy wife, happy life. :D:p

buds224

Enlightened
I guess I should say that your a lucky man that can share your hobby although now you can't really bring lights in under the radar. Thinking more on it you're a lucky man. Happy wife, happy life. :D:p

Thanks speedfreakz. I do feel very lucky in that respect. The Mrs. and I have discussed my obsession and she told me that she was glad that my flashlight hobby is at least on a useful tool and not burning money away on useless vices. So, I don't have to bring lights in under the radar as I did before moving to Japan. My collection is pretty big and my standards are pretty high lately, so my purchases have slowed down considerably. Tax return time is around the corner and I've got my eyes on the Nitecore CU6. :devil: