MBI kudos

GregM

Newly Enlightened
I've got a brass MBI HF (s/n #2!) in need of a new tailcap. I contacted Guy about a replacement cap and was offered one for the cost of shipping alone! I'm not even the original owner. It just doesn't get any better than that. I'm impressed to say the least.

Cheers, Greg

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guy is the real deal. He puts as much effort into making sure his customers are satisfied as he does into his amazing lights. I honestly don't know how he is able to accomplish all he has going on and respond to his customers needs. Glad to hear you share your experience.

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks very much for the thread GregM.
KDM thanks for the ultra kind words.
Thank you also jimbyjimb.

I guess its kinda' natural that I'm going to be reading these kind of threads but I do always find it a little awkward in not knowing whether I should reply to threads about myself :rolleyes:.

I'm leaning towards finally pulling all the MBI threads together into a sub-forum at some point so I figured I'd jump in and say thanks, especially as I had somewhat of a tough day trying to give birth to new products so a little gratitude on my behalf for the thread is the equivalent of a spoon full of sugar :D

My customer philosophy is a simple one.
I'm very grateful for the opportunity to pursue my passions. Grateful to the community, THE tribe and loyal customers that make that a possibility for me.
I consider every customer of mine, a dear friend and so I aim to treat each as such.

As my hobby has grown, so too have the demands on my time.

I do my best to reply to all mails as quickly as I'm able, keeping a full time job, family and other commitments in balance and from time to time, when demands in any one area spike, I may be a few days behind, even on few occasions missing a mail completely (though I typically scan my mailbox carefully each month to find any I may have missed, but I've had a few that still slipped past me).

More than 90% of mails get a reply in <3days, and perhaps 70% <1day.
In the rare event you've mailed me and have not heard back within a week, feel very welcome to mail me again and you should see a much faster response because a mailstorm may have caused your first mail to move beyond the first page of Gmail before I saw it land (This is typically the exception).

I always aim to be the fastest refund on the planet so if you ever have a mix up and need one, the second I see a request it becomes my top priority and will be handled immediately.

For all the products I've shipped, my refunds are still in single digits and most have been handled within minutes of them hitting my inbox.

I'm always very happy to be of help, regardless of when or where you may have acquired your MBI miracle and its always exciting to hear joyful stories of how people from all over the world are enjoying their MBI miracles.

I do invest a massive amount of time in carefully envisioning, designing, assembling, inspecting, finishing, packing, every item that I post paying attention to the tiniest of details. Often times, way more time than is close to being economically feasible is spent due to the complexity and small size of most of the products I design.

With all the effort it takes to launch these out into the world, feedback is always a happy thing to receive (good or otherwise). Every other month, I might mess up an order, or in some very rare cases land DOA (not functioning, for mysterious reasons I'm yet to uncover).
Should that happen, I'm always on the standby to be of help as soon as I'm able to get to my computer and if needed, back to HQ to check on any needed replacements.

Mails that mention "you guys" or "the mbi folks" are not uncommon either but for the moment, we guys is just me, one Guy, working long hours into the night, for pleasure and satisfaction and to share my visions and passions with those curious enough to want to have one for themselves.

I promised myself the moment I decided to take the very first pre-order for the first MBI product, that I would always do my utmost to communicate transparently and honestly and go above and beyond to do the right thing.
Should I be unable to stick to that, I'll take up crosswords, sudoku or some other solo hobby instead or at most just keep making more crazy things, but in private.

Thank you for making it possible.

Tgwnn (Guy@MBI)

Wow. That really makes me look forward to your upcoming projects even more. I'm sad it's been so long since I last visited. I got caught up in the Fenix craze, got my lights covered and left. Now I'm gearing up to sell off most of my old (Fenix lights are great lights, btw) Fenix lights and downsize to more custom products, like yours. Products the supercede being good by being great, cost effective and incredibly unique and original.

I remember the original Torpedo concept from back before I even signed up and I've been gone so long I missed the opportunity to support you during the first run of them. Now I'm back and looking forward to take full advantage of supporting Zeus. This is my favorite online community by a long shot. Quality people.

Last edited:

ChibiM

Enlightened
Kudos to tgwnn!

great ideas from a great guy!
highly recommended!

Testing the HF-R on my keychain now!

qmtu

Enlightened
Guy,
Having come late to this thread, and having recently done business with you, I would mention that people that do the business the way you do, and have built your reputation, are the ones that require the least amount of communication from me.
Knowing that although you have a busy schedule, and yet still keep me updated with frequent emails, I try to avoid sending unnecessary pm's or emails requesting updates and such.
Same goes with some other people I've done business with here, (McGizmo, Malkoff) (non inclusive list)

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's great communicating with Guy. He takes suggestions like a sponge takes water and responds immediately to requests. He really enjoys trying new ideas and goes over and above to make things happen to our satisfaction (to wit, the Marine Tuff Kote for my Cu HF). I am happy and I'm getting my money's worth, and then some. :thumbsup::twothumbs

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guy is good to deal with. When I first got into flashlights (again) seriously this time, it was Guy's torch that really caught my eye. Had never seen tritium vials used on a flashlight before. It was my first "serious" flashlight.

HFandDB02.jpg

Newguy2012

Enlightened
When see his projects, I think AMD. Advanced Micro Devices. Impressive package and function! :O

Latest posts