Mars & Montana: Same Freezing Temp

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Now the table I looked at only said -33F in Jordan MT. I'd think with wind chill that would be less than -50F. I only had -15 this AM. The boiling water has time to cool off before it freezes at those temps.
When you get to -45 and cooler the boiling water is still warm when it freezes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Guess I have no room to whine, it's only 20 here and only supposed to go as low as 10.

LukeK

Enlightened
Wow. I guess compared to you guys I'm basking in a balmy 45 degrees.

Brock

Flashaholic
Hey Wits' End (or anyone where it is below -10F or -22C) if you take a almost boiling cup of hot water and throw it out in the cold, it just disappears, very cool, never hits the ground, just a cloud of mist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It is suppose to be –10F here tonight, lovely /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I think it only got down to 13°F here this morning. It's probably in the 20s by now. Alkaline batteries still don't do very well at these temperatures; lithium-powered flashlights are called for today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
Brock said:
Hey Wits' End (or anyone where it is below -10F or -22C) if you take a almost boiling cup of hot water and throw it out in the cold, it just disappears, very cool, never hits the ground, just a cloud of mist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------
Years ago I went up to Fairbanks to train some co-workers...(another story someday)...It was -40 degrees. They told me about doing this, I'm like "Yeah - right!"...SURE ENOUGH, I spent the next hour (okay, maaaaybe not a whole hour! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) doing it - AMAZING!

Avix

Newly Enlightened
according to the thermo meter on the wall, we got down to -24F here in the wilds of North Idaho on sunday night. (gotta love those micro climes).

thats officaly cold.

gonna have to try that almost boiling cup of water trick...