Olight s30r or zebralight sc600 MKII L2?

VKPIII

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone I'm looking to get a 18650 sized light for backpacking and hiking. My current edc light is olight s10r baton which I really enjoy. I like the ui on it, in particular the ability to go to high and moonlight mode from off . The compact size, ability to recharge on the dock, and the magnet on the tail are also great. I figured the larger olight would be a good option but i've heard great things about the zebralight and love the compact size. Which one do you think would be best?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight offers all of their lights in a neutral cct option, that could be a thing for you if you enjoy natural colors of vegetation around you as you hike.
You can also access moonlight instantly from off with the Zebralight UI as well, but you will lose out on the tail magnet and dock recharging.

Maybe weigh those options?

Also, the SC62 bodied Zebralights are even more compact than the SC600s, and their pocket clips are sturdier.

UnderPar

Enlightened
I would recommend that you take a look at Zebralight SC62, either the cool or neutral white version. Smaller than the SC600 MkII L2, but with the same amount of intensity and UI. Compared to the S30R, as mentioned above, you'll have no magnet & charging dock for this unit, but the light intensity & size will make the difference. This would be another option. HTH

VKPIII

Newly Enlightened
Wow thanks for the replies! I'm going to look further into the zebralights. I didn't even think of the neutral light being more appropriate for out doors. As far as the dock and magnet I'm not worried as it won't be my edc light. Thank you for your help!

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recommend Zebralight SC62w - I sold my 600 since it was not very pocketable with that head diameter

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight SC600 MkII L2. It the most pocketable 1000 lumens I have ever seen. UI is first rate and run times for such a small light are first rate. Its a classic.