Tighten TC-R2 Control Ring

recDNA

Flashaholic
Does anybody know an easy way to make the magnetic control ring a little tighter and smoother? Over the years mine has become a little looser than when new. It isn't horrible but if there is some heavy lube or something to tighten and make it smooth again it would be perfect. I know Vinh does something to tighte n the ring in the v11r. Mine is actually too tight. Obviously I am finicky.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I don't know how to dismantle it nor what issues there are putting it back together.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Considering all that you want done, I now want to get one so I can do a bunch of work on it and tell you all about it.

:)
Sorry, I assumed you had one when you replied. Maybe someone else does.

gunga

Flashaholic
I've worked on a few rrt01, the aluminum version. Switch repair, clips, and led swaps. Have not worked on the ring yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

recDNA

Flashaholic
Thanks! Those directions are not for TC-R2 however they probably apply. In any event way beyond my skill set. I was hoping there was some trick to just remove ring, put in grease, put ring back. I'll have to tolerate the ring as it is. It isn't gritty or anything. Just too easy to turn ring and it feels sort of loose.

gunga

Flashaholic
Yes. You would definitely have to desolder and dismantle it to relube it. Sunwayman is a lot easier. No circuit disassembly required.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums