Surefire SW02 Tailcap?

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
Can the external rubber "shell" that surrounds the button be removed? I believe I saw a picture of this somewhere the other day... If so, can it be removed without cutting it? Just by slipping it off? So that you can slip it back on? If you have a pic of this, please post it..

My only problem with the SW02 is that the rubber shell makes it difficult to push the button down and click it on or off. Otherwise very /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

ho71ko

Newly Enlightened
I have removed the rubber shell from my SW02. Used a hairdryer to slightly soften the material. Then I shortened it a bit so the light can be activated with a Rogers/SureFire grip.
For reinstallation I followed the same procedure.

Sorry, no pic for now but if you urgently need one, PM oder E-Mail me.
Holger

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, thats exactly what I wanted to do, so I could still use the Surefire grip with it...Whenever you get around to it, the pic would be great.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The rubber shrouds do come off without having to cut them. I've never tried to put any back on though. I suspect it'll be significantly more difficult to put them back on.

I've left some on though. Mostly I prefer them without their shrouds for a CombatGrip type use.

SureFire%20XM%20&%20UM%20&%20SW02%20TailCaps%201.jpg

SureFire%20XM%20&%20UM%20&%20SW02%20TailCaps%202.jpg

SureFire%20Nitrolons%20with%20Clickies%201%2064.jpg

SureFire%20A2%20M2-A19-HA%2064.jpg

ho71ko

Newly Enlightened
All right, here we go:
IMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

I cut about 3-4mm and used some sandpaper to smoothen the edges again. This is a workhorse and shall not look too cosmetic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Holger

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
I cut about 3-4mm and used some sandpaper to smoothen the edges again. This is a workhorse and shall not look too cosmetic

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I was thinking about. I wonder if it would be possible to heat up the edge and make it look a bit better cosmeticly...I'm not that good with crafty things, mine would come out looking like a rubber GG&G TID. :)

Yours came out awesome..

K-T

*Moderator*
[ QUOTE ]
ho71ko said:
(...)I cut about 3-4mm and used some sandpaper to smoothen the edges again(...)

[/ QUOTE ]

Where the heck did you get that brilliant idea? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It is as easy to put them on as it is to take them off. you can either use water or some kind of alcohol as lube to make the rubber shroud somewhat slippery and with a bit of pushing and pulling it will be back were it came from. Either one of the lubes dries pretty quick without anything left. Same does work when trying to take them off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Recon, by using very fine sandpaper you can smoothen the edges until it looks like new. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif For cutting use a very sharp, long and thin knive, this way the cut gets more even and regular, like cutting a sausage.

Klaus.

K-T

*Moderator*
Yup! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif One of the rare moments where you are not supposed to drink it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif