Question about ZL sc52w L2 run time

sarge1967

Newly Enlightened
Hey folks I am looking at replacing my Fenix LD09 due to UI stinking.
I have been looking into the ZL 52 series and think I want to go with the 52w.
My question is about the run times posted on their site.
H1 280 Lm ( 0.9 hrs ) is that using a 14500 battery or a NiMh battery?
I own quite a few Durracel 2450 mAh batteries already,will these give me the advertised output and run times? Or am I going to have to pick up some 14500 cells?

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's using a NiMH (I believe Zebralight tests their lights with Eneloops). The output on high will actually be much higher with a lithium ion but the runtime shorter.

Last edited:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a SC52d on me atm. Rocking light, I'm sure you'll be happy. Love the mode programming, very easy.

holygeez03

Enlightened
I'm guessing those runtimes are based on a standard Eneloop, which are 2,000 mAh... IF your Duracell NiMh's are truly higher capacity, then you should get even longer... maybe your Duracell's are re-branded Eneloops (made in Japan)? If so, you're all set...

If your Duracell's don't hold up, or you need more... take a look at the AmazonBasics high-capacity AA's, which are almost definitely re-branded Eneloop Pro's and I got an 8-pack recently for $19.50.

sarge1967

Newly Enlightened
I'm guessing those runtimes are based on a standard Eneloop, which are 2,000 mAh... IF your Duracell NiMh's are truly higher capacity, then you should get even longer... maybe your Duracell's are re-branded Eneloops (made in Japan)? If so, you're all set...

If your Duracell's don't hold up, or you need more... take a look at the AmazonBasics high-capacity AA's, which are almost definitely re-branded Eneloop Pro's and I got an 8-pack recently for $19.50.
Honestly I have no idea if the Duracells are Japanese made or not. So far they have held up quite well in my Fenix LD09. Granted I usually use it on med mode which is around 50Lm I think. But I use it daily in my job and have to change batteries around once a week or so. I have six of them and six AAA's I use in my Petzl headlamp. I do plan on ordering some Eneloops though so thanks for the tip on the AmazonBasics batteries. I will probably get a few 14500's as well just to have if I need extra juice for something. I noticed Zebralight makes them. Are they any good? They are 840mAh vs 750mAh on about every other brand I have looked at.