*NEW* Nitecore EC4: 2x18650, 1000 Lumens

http://flashlight.nitecore.com/product/ec4

tHn4XLO.png

2cpkH87.png

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
Re: *NEW* Nitecore EC4S: (Possible) 2x18650, 2000 Lumens

hmmmmmmmm,,,,similar looking to my TK35. Probably MK-R or MT-G2?.or the newest ones XHP50/XHP70?!,,,,Probably the former.:cool:

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned

That's nice. However, how is an award legitimate before the public gets the opportunity to test it?!! After all, we are the ones who buy the product. If we do not like it, their product is an award winner that failed!!!!

That is being the :devil:'s advocate but also has logic and validity tied in! :D

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good for nitecore, they have an amazing amount of products out at the minute. This looks like a gooden, mt g2 hopefully.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good for nitecore, they have an amazing amount of products out at the minute. This looks like a gooden, mt g2 hopefully.

They sure due. Now if the could just improve their durability, quality control, and customer service:rolleyes:

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast

That seems like a very compact double 18650 light with nice design. Very interesting. Looking forward to seeing more.

Dr.444

Enlightened

Looks promising :thinking:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast

This item falls within my range of size/power interest. (i.e. something midway between the MMU-X3 and the MM15)

This item looks to be a little bit more compact and a little bit lighter than the Nitecore P36. (of which I am searching for comparative reviews of)

Google search currently results in almost zero information for this item. Too soon, so it would seem.

y260

Enlightened

They sure due. Now if the could just improve their durability, quality control, and customer service:rolleyes:

I personally think Nitecore makes a good product. I don't fully understand why people still talk about them as this lowly chinese brand that lacks quality control. I've had my TM36 for a few months, TM26 for about a year, and my SRT7 for maybe 2 years and I have nothing but good to say. The anodizing, threads, electronics and overall quality feels just like a Surefire or better.

And Nitecore actually upgrades their LED technology....It seems like all of their lights are sporting a fairly current XML2 or XPG2 (and they experimented with the sbt-70 in the tm36). If we have to compare, Surefire takes god-awful long times to upgrade, and by the time they have, theres something better out.

I hope Nitecore improves durability and quality control anyway, but I don't think they necessarily need to catch up to anyone.

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened

I personally think Nitecore makes a good product. I don't fully understand why people still talk about them as this lowly chinese brand that lacks quality control. I've had my TM36 for a few months, TM26 for about a year, and my SRT7 for maybe 2 years and I have nothing but good to say. The anodizing, threads, electronics and overall quality feels just like a Surefire or better.

And Nitecore actually upgrades their LED technology....It seems like all of their lights are sporting a fairly current XML2 or XPG2 (and they experimented with the sbt-70 in the tm36). If we have to compare, Surefire takes god-awful long times to upgrade, and by the time they have, theres something better out.

I hope Nitecore improves durability and quality control anyway, but I don't think they necessarily need to catch up to anyone.

My reason for thinking that is that the number of people posting about their P12 dying after drops of less than 3 ft can no longer be counted with all my fingers (of which I still have a full complement). (queue Ryp telling his P12 went though the wash with the tailcap slightly undone :D, @Ryp no offence man:twothumbs, just teasing). And I have yet to hear people complain about a broken Fenix PD35 (aside from complaints of moonlight and tailstanding), inspite of it being their most popular model (thus lots of people should have one).

ChibiM

Enlightened

Yes, funny thing about the "Award".. they probably have their own Nitecore awards every new release or so.
I don`t think its a valuable award by any means!

smooth2o

Newly Enlightened

We do the same thing in the flyfishing community. Usually, the press gets to review the products before the show along with any dealers. When the public is allowed to review, you don't know who they are as they may be linked to the manufacturer. Besides, you want to come out of the show with awards, not get them post show or you lose a lot of the "free adverts".

That's nice. However, how is an award legitimate before the public gets the opportunity to test it?!! After all, we are the ones who buy the product. If we do not like it, their product is an award winner that failed!!!!

That is being the :devil:'s advocate but also has logic and validity tied in! :D

smooth2o

Newly Enlightened

That's a pretty worthless comment without any background. Basically, trash talk. And, if the comment comes from when they were an emerging company, and they have fixed it (don't know, I wasn't here then), you need to get over it.

Nitecore took a segment of the market by listening to what consumers wanted, then produced some pretty good products, maybe even excellent. BTW, it's "do", not "due".

Last edited:

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast

unfair. They are no different to the others, my ex11, ife1 and chamelion have been faultless. The ring lights are very well made indeed. And the finish on the chamelion is very nice.

The only improvement I could make is more agressive knurling, but again you can say that about the others too.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast

Another floodlight...

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast

(queue Ryp telling his P12 went though the wash with the tailcap slightly undone :D, @Ryp no offence man:twothumbs, just teasing)

None taken, I actually laughed at that :laughing: