Nitecore Voltage Meter Error

smooth2o

Newly Enlightened
My Nitecore EC21 upon activation of the voltage meter reading via the red light was reading 4.0 (four flashes). It had come down from 4.2, then 4.1. Now, the reading on the battery has gone to 3.92 (DMM) and the light flashes now read 4 flashes, then 9 flashes or 4.9v (apparently trying to show a reading of 3.9v). Anyone else have that problem? I assume that the problem exists with the meter in the flashlight so other models would probably show the same. I think I saw a YT video that showed the same result.

smooth2o

Newly Enlightened
Tis' in fact a problem. They are trying to correct it asap. It sounded like it wasn't a problem with all EC21's.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's weird. I'm glad it is going to be fixed.

smooth2o

Newly Enlightened
Update: Nitecore PM'd me about the problem and I responded asking what they were going to do about it. Haven't heard back yet.

I called Battery Junction where I bought the light and Barb was trying to be extremely helpful. I mean, if you want good customer service, that's where it is. Unusual that someone will take up the cause for you. So, we'll see how this goes, hopefully, she will get Nitecore to fix the light. I will update on this later.

God, I love good customer service....

smooth2o

Newly Enlightened
Sure, and they will do that. However, the problem seems to exist with all of the EC21s so Nitecore should tell us if they can fix it. BTW, it looks like a software problem if you read the description above. I believe that Battery Junction is looking into what can be done.