• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD Purple micro mag with triple nichia 219 for sale

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened
SOLD!

Hi all,

Up for sale is the micro mag featured in my micro mag "how to" thread posted here. The photos in that thread do not capture the light's true color. This is a purple micro mag, not blue. I built this light with the intention of doing the "how to" thread so I put a bit of extra care into the build.

The light has N-lite firmware which is set to four mode including moon mode with mode memory activated. The moon mode is not a true moon low as the light puts out around 10 lumens on this level. High mode draws nearly five amps out of an Efest IMR 14500 cell (not included) for a short while before dropping slowly through the four amp range. Output at 4.5 amps is somewhere around 1000 lumens of high CRI goodness. The optic is a Carclo 10507 narrow spot.

In the interest of full disclosure I will mention that the light has a small pinhead sized flaw in the anodizing on the smooth part of the battery tube. Came that way out of the package.

Done_zpsb2xjewhv.jpg

Face_zpsihqp79t0.jpg

Price including CONUS shipping is $60. International buyers pay additional shipping.

First reply with "I'll take it" followed by PM gets the light.

My paypal address is [email protected]

Thanks for looking,

Brian

Last edited:

slow2go

Newly Enlightened
Re: Purple micro mag with triple nichia 219 for sale

I'll take it

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 4B3729290.............

Thanks
Slow

Last edited:

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

Sure, I'd be happy to build you a micro mag (or anybody else for that matter). Just PM me with what you would like and we'll talk.

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast

Interesting! Would 2 eneloops do in the original 2xAA formfactor? They should handle 6Amps.

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

Two eneloops will not provide sufficient voltage to drive nichia/cree emitters past half an amp or so. Using a boost driver will get you to an amp or so.

StudFreeman

Enlightened

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

For those that see kyfishguy as a new poster, just a word on kyfishguy & his lights, I have several of his Mag builds. They are all awesome. He is a excellent fellow to do business with. Buy with confidence and enjoy his lights. I have one of his triples that is user, and it leads a rough life with me. So, it is not just a pretty shelf queen, it is 100% a user. It doesn't just look good, it is built solid! I have dropped it no less than 6 times on the concrete it is working flawless still! It even took a spill off the top of a 5 foot ladder to my garage floor. I thought for sure it was toast, NOPE! Twisted and fired up!

Thanks kyfishguy!

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

dropped it no less than 6 times on the concrete (snip) took a spill off the top of a 5 foot ladder to my garage floor.

Dang man, D you think I sent one of my kids into the swamp to be abused? How do you even find hard surfaces down there? Are you looking for them? :D

Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated,

Brian

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

LOL, I bought it to be a shelf queen. But......Once I saw the beam, it went into use rotation, then it worked so well, hard use rotation!

Here are my hard use tips" I superglued a neo magnet to a old tail cap and stuck it on there. So now it has a lanyard and a magnet. Giving max flexibility! My next move is mount a 1/4" SS nut on a tail cap. That way I have mount option to. Its kinda ghetto, but for a work light? Who cares, it works right! lol