Olight website down?

Jas29

Newly Enlightened
when trying to go to the http://olightworld.com/ it gives a "This webpage is not available error".

I bought an Olight S20r in December and the button on it only works sometimes do I go through Olight for the warranty or the website from whom I bought it from?

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
The website has been like that on and off the the past couple weeks. It usually works within a couple minutes.

Jas29

Newly Enlightened
What is the best way to contact Olight I tried calling and emailing. They don't answer the phone and the voice mail is full nor have they replied to my emails. Pretty disappointing from what is supposed to be a good quality flashlight.

kj2

Flashaholic
What is the best way to contact Olight I tried calling and emailing. They don't answer the phone and the voice mail is full nor have they replied to my emails. Pretty disappointing from what is supposed to be a good quality flashlight.

I always email them. Response takes longer than I normally expect. You contact Olight USA or China?

Jas29

Newly Enlightened
I contacted Olight USA.

Called again and they finally answered they told me to ship it back to them kind of sucks that I have to pay to ship it back to them. The lady on the phone told me its not a common problem and that if they can't fix it they will replace it.

Shipping address below if anyone needs it, was told to include a note stating the problem with the flashlight and return address

Olight Repair
5912 Bolsa Avenue
#212 Huntington beach California
92649 USA

HIDSGT

Enlightened
now if olight cud be like every other manufacture and release a new light every 3-4 months vs. every year. still waiting on the SR96 replacement.....

Jas29

Newly Enlightened
Bump for an update

Well the package got there Feb 5th 2015 in California and then was shipped to their new location in Smyrna Georgia (I was not told they were switching facilities). At the time I shipped the flashlight I was told there was a 2 week turn around well that was not true at all or even close to the actual time it would take for the flashlight to be returned to me.

I just called Olight and was told they have my package but it still has not been processed... and they still need to send it to china to be repaired, the person on the phone would not give an actual time frame that I would get my flashlight but said it would be at least 3-4 weeks if not more. If they were just up front about the time frame it would take to get the flashlight repaired or replaced I would have just bought a new flashlight rather than waiting over a month for this one to be returned to me and wasting 20 dollars on shipping this flashlight to them.

/rant

Jas29

Newly Enlightened
Bump for another update

Still waiting on the flashlight every time I call they tell me it will be another week so hopefully soon I will get the light its been in china for over a month now...

Olightworld

Enlightened
Hello,

Thank you for all of your feedback. Currently we are transitioning over to a dedicated virtual server with much better resources instead of the shared plan that it was on before. Our website performance will improve drastically. The turnaround time on our repairs that we send to China is listed on our website as taking 3-4 weeks to process and 2-3 months if a repair is required overseas. We are working on improving this turnaround time by transitioning our warranty department to a new facility. As soon as we get the repaired lights back from China we will send them to their owners immediately. Thank you for your patience.

Jas29

Newly Enlightened
The wait time would be fine if I was told that when I called the office in California even now at the new location they say it should be here hopefully next week call back on (pick a day out of the week). It would be more helpful to the customer if they are told a proper wait time rather than being told to call back every week.

By the time frame you give in your post it should take at least another month to get back to me (my light has been in China for a month according to the person that answered the phone) however when I call they will say it should be here soon call back next week. Which is the frustrating part it would be much easier and less time consuming if I was told it would take up to 4 months (1 month processing and 3 months to repair) for me to receive a working light.

Edit: Also on http://olightworld.com/about/warranty/ It says the buyer is responsible for return shipping cost I was told I only had to pay for the shipping to Olight not for the shipping back is this a new change in policy?

Last edited:

Olightworld

Enlightened
I apologize for the miscommunication. We are currently paying for the shipping back to the customer. The customer only has to pay for the initial shipping to us for repair. Please allow us to reach out to you when we are sending back your light. We are sending an email confirmation to each customer when we send them their light. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

HIDSGT

Enlightened
I apologize for the miscommunication. We are currently paying for the shipping back to the customer. The customer only has to pay for the initial shipping to us for repair. Please allow us to reach out to you when we are sending back your light. We are sending an email confirmation to each customer when we send them their light. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
is a replacement for the SR96 gonna be available? something new that doesn't look like a toilet plunger?

Jas29

Newly Enlightened
Final update:
got the light back today came in a padded envelope in a little zip lock bag a few scratches on it but no big deal seems to be working properly now.

Sarlix

Enlightened
Final update: got the light back today came in a padded envelope in a little zip lock bag a few scratches on it but no big deal seems to be working properly now.
Not the smoothest customer/return experience eh? So did they repair the light or replace it? I'm glad you got it sorted anyway.

Jas29

Newly Enlightened
It looks like they repaired it but it came with a new battery and clip. I didn't send the original battery or clip.

I had a 2 AA maglite which this light was replacing so I used that till it broke about a month ago and than switched to a coast single AA battery led flashlight which is a good light but doesn't have a holster, the holster had ripped so I bought the maglite which wasn't the money the light dimmed to quickly and went through a lot of batteries.