E01 winter torture and destruction test #2 (It's over...) w/ lithium runtime

scout24

Flashaholic
*** This is now a slow motion test to the death. I'll repeat the throwing at the wall and toss across the floor tests daily until it quits working. *** Updates in post 39 daily... Hi all! Last time I did this was four years ago with the last generation E01. I tried to replicate somewhat the last tests so far, with a bunch more to come. Lithium primary runtime testing to commence tonight... Brand spankin' new E01 fresh from the package, with an old set of keys attached for all testing...

So far- 25 overhand throws against a concrete retaining wall from about 12 feet away. Caved in the top of the included cell, but replacement works fine.

100 underhand tosses across my shop, landing and sliding to a stop 10-15 feet away. Same deal with the battery, replacement works fine.

Took it outside to where my Tundra was parked, and ran it over 10 times. Followed by the Sit on it test- just parked on it for 10 minutes. About killed my splitring, but onward we go... :) Taking a break until I get home, pics are all on my cellphone. I have a CPF membership, and would love to post pics from the app, but don't know how... :( Quick andriod tutorial, anyone?

Last edited:

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The E01 winter torture test, part two... :)

Awesome to see you torture testing the E01! I can't wait to see the pictures. :)

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am posting all these photos for Greg - and the comments are his comments. I'm having as much fun going through it as he is having abusing his E01!!

"Arrived- let the fun begin!"

"New versus Old Faithful - new on left"

"Rust spot on wall next to salt mound is target for overhand throws"

"After 25 throws"

"After 100 tosses across the floor"

"Before running over 10 times"

"After the 10 minute sit"

"Using your E01 for traction is bad for the split ring. Attachment hole no worse for wear - holding up nicely! :) "

My comment - go Greg, go - and go little E01, go!

N_N_R

Enlightened

Thanks for the.... useful fun! :D I love these.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice test!

nbp

Flashaholic

Good stuff Greg, I will be following closely!! I may have to post a few pics of my own, if that is ok. I have a pretty trashed old E01 in my truck.

scout24

Flashaholic

Thank you so much, yet again, Dan for the photo assist! Spent an hour and a half moving snow, E01 is now on in the washing machine... Dishwasher is next!!! Then, out in the snowbank running for the night.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have been through many split rings and that's just from having the thing on my keyring. Using a short cord now but amazed how well that hole has held up over the 6 or so years.

scout24

Flashaholic

Clothes washer, no problem.

IMG_0216.jpg

The IPX8 rating covers top rack dishwasher safe, right???? :crackup:

IMG_0217.jpg

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened

If you really want to kill it, try wedging it upright between the tyre and the ground and run over it.
Not certain if that should kill it or puncture the tyre though.

PS: really liking this thread.:twothumbs

scout24

Flashaholic

Last post for the night. Dishwasher was no problem as expected, put in fresh cell and stuck it in a pile of snow for the night along side an old EO1, NIB, for side by side L92 run-until-dead testing. We'll say 9pm, EST. Thankfully, I've got another one or two for the 48 hour challenge... :) More in the morning. Thanks for playing along!!!

A bit foggy coming out of the hot dishwasher...
IMG_0218.jpg

Into the snow!
IMG_0219.jpg

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wonder how an old Arc AAA, or a Peak Matty would do? although it might make me tear-up seeing pictures of it.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The E01 winter torture test, part two... :) (With Lithium primary runtime test)

Nice thread! Thank you for doing this and posting the pictures to go along!

N_N_R

Enlightened
Re: The E01 winter torture test, part two... :) (With Lithium primary runtime test)

:crackup:omFg, poor little thing.

otis311

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for doing what I could never bring myself to do. :twothumbs

scout24

Flashaholic

Dug them out of the snow pile at around 5:30 this morning, both are still going strong. Took pics with my camera, will post tonight when I have my laptop.