*NEW* Sunwayman P25C 1000 Lumens

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
weLeJuN.png

http://www.sunwayman.com/html/products/201502/169.html

redtruck

Newly Enlightened
Seems like a "me too" light. Following the same format of the PD35 and all the other ones that I can't remember now. I guess you can buy the same light from whatever brand you like the most.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like all the Sunwayman's I have. And, this format -- 25mm 18650 light -- is one of my very faves. Would have liked for Sunwayman to use their ace-in-the-hole, the ring, rather than following everyone else with a side switch. But, still nice!

Javora

Enlightened
Three blinky modes??!? I can understand a strobe for that kind of light but three seems like overkill. I would rather have a .3~.5 sub-lumen mode and a 25~30 lumen mode instead. A clip that can secure the light to a ball cap might have served better instead of a head band strap, then sell the strap as an accessory. Would like to see more of that type of light with stainless steel on both ends of the light and the switch on the tail cap. But that is a different topic entirely.

incd

Newly Enlightened
1000 lumens only when using Cr123? :thumbsdow

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered this light today for less than 50 bucks! Will have it next week I love Sunwayman! Yes I am pretty sure its 1000 lumens on CR123's which to me is just fine. The light looks typical Sunwayman sophisticated love the polished stainless bezel...cant wait

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
I saw that, pretty sure it's just a typo or bad organization on the spec sheet

According to Customer Service Representative from SUNWAY OPTO-ELECTRONIC GROUP, the P25C will reach turbo mode by using either CR123A batteries or 18650, their website indicates the battery they use to test the output and runtime (CR123)

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had my P25C a few days now. Build quality and anodizing are perfect. Good tailswitch and surprising nice soft rubber feeling side switch which is recessed into the body of the light enough to make feeling for it easier bare handed but could be an issue with gloves on. Heatsink design around the side switch prevents rolling. The light can tailstand.

The only cost cutting I can see done in order to give such a well made and very nice overall light for what I can tell is averaging under $50 is that first the light does not come with a sheath which was disappointing. Second there is no anti glare coating on the lens.

Beam profile is almost exactly the same as what comes out of my 2015 P12. Running my P25C on 2xCR123's as the manual is a bit vague as to which source produces what output. Im sure testing will be done on the forums to tell weather specs are what Sunwayman claims but my copy of the light to my eyes seems to be what is claimed by specs.

So for now the P25C seems to be an incredible bargain mine cost less than the P12 and the TN12, has a nicer build quality than those two lights but at the cost of a sheath and anti glare coating.

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
Just purchased the P25C today from an authorized US Sunwayman Dealer on eBay, he's selling them for $40 and free shipping. I guess for the price I paid, it really doesn't matter to me if there's no anti-glare coating on the lens or if it comes without the sheath.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
P25C output:
Turbo: 1000 lumens, High: 300, Mid: 137, Low: 84

This is not a very good spacing in my opinion.......specifically between Mid and Low. The Mid and Low will not look much different :thinking:. Low needs to be 10 lumens or lower. I'm passing on this.

robert.t

Enlightened
I'm kinda torn on this one. Shame about the anti-glare coating, but I can live with that. I do not care about holsters as I have so many spares taking up space it's not even funny anymore. Why buy a pocket sized light if not to carry in a pocket? But anyway... The mode spacing does look pretty crap, but the 84 lumen mode should be quite versatile and gives pretty good runtime, so the other modes might not be too important most of the time. 10 lumens instead of the 137 mode would be nice for a future iteration.

Now, all that aside, I like me that heatsink and side button design. Excellent balancing of ergonomics and engineering. Or so it looks anyway. It's hard to know if the larger heatsink is any more efficient than say, a P12, or how good the button is, or the UI, without handling one.

To those who have one, what is the UI on this? Is the side button just a mode switch like the P12 and E35, or can it be used for on/off as well?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Upon closer inspection my P25C does indeed have a glare coated lens although for some reason there is no mention of this in the manual or on the SWMN site. The side switch is made of a very nice feeling soft to the touch material and is recessed into the body by about a millimeter. User interface is pretty much the same as the P12 with the lights 3 blinking modes accessible through long pressing the side switch the side switch does not turn the light on or off. The tail switch noticeably wider than the rest of the class.

Been "field testing" the P25C nightly here outside Washington DC and so far I am pretty impressed. A lot of thought clearly went into the ergonomic design of the light. The in hand feel of the light is very good, nothing feels cheap. The stainless bezel is a very nice touch which helps it stand out in this crowded class of lights. Beam profile is pretty close to a P12 with the hotspot being a tiny bit larger. The tint of the beam is whiter to my eyes than the almost purple blue of say a P12.

The heatsinking anti roll design behind the reflector is made of aluminum at least twice as thick as the same area on the P12. The recessed side switch in the heatsink is easy for me to feel for and find without looking but may be a problem with gloves on. Besides the missing sheath my biggest gripe has been with the vague users manual. Not listing a glare coated lens as a feature seems to me to be a big oversight when youre trying to sell lights in this class. Most I can make of using CR123 cells vs an 18650 is that the manual seems to be saying that output and run times are exactly the same for either battery type but then specifies CR123's for turbo output. No loss Ive got plenty of both.

Latest posts