Best way to fit a Malkoff drop-in to Solar-Force Host?

Lion of Zion

Newly Enlightened
So I already have 4 Malkoff dorp-in's in Surefire hosts, but for this one, I'm using a Solar-Force L2M. It will be used as a weapon light, so I need a tight secure fit.

Using a Malkoff M31 with Solar-Force L2M, to make a small single cell (cr123a) light. Will be used on a "lightweight" AR15.

Thanks in advance for advice or hints!!

chazz

Enlightened
I have a Malkoff M60 in a Solarforce L2P host probably similar sized...

You will want to wrap dropin sides with either conductive copper tape, or folded aluminum foil to snug it up in the head. I also used an outer (larger) spring off another dropin to space the gap from bottom of the M60 to the base of the head. it fits nice and snug now, and should have good conductivity to body ground. Through tape/foil and also through spring.

Probably some youtube videos on it... if what I said does not make sense. :)

chazz

Enlightened
I might wrap it so it's is snug, even if you use a spring, as it helps the heat transfer to the bezel/body.

Lion of Zion

Newly Enlightened

You will want to wrap dropin sides with either conductive copper tape, or folded aluminum foil to snug it up in the head. I also used an outer (larger) spring off another dropin to space the gap from bottom of the M60 to the base of the head. it fits nice and snug now, and should have good conductivity to body ground. Through tape/foil and also through spring.

Thank you.

Lion of Zion

Newly Enlightened

What kind of copper tape?

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha. I was going to link to your thread earlier, but got distracted....then lazy.

I've used a soft drink can, and it was quite easy.

Last edited: