Angryfox        
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Olight M2X-UT Javelot (XM-L2 dedome, 1x18650/2xCR123A) Review: BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIMES+

Default Re: Olight M2X-UT Javelot (XM-L2 dedome, 1x18650/2xCR123A) Review: BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIME

Thanks to Selfbuilt's excellent (as always) review I bought the M2x-UT, and I am impressed by the throw of this small light. However, I noticed a few things that surprised me:

No specs about "waterproofness", as opposed to the IPX-8 of most modern, quality lights.

No lanyard hole in the tailcap even though the light comes with a lanyard. (I've learned through bitter experience to always use a lanyard)

No indication on the light itself that "MAX-UT"is in fact the M2X-UT. When I first noticed this I thought it might be an earlier model. I felt relieved when I went back to Selfbuilt's photos and checked.

I would like to know if the light is waterproof to any extent. Also, though I hate to do it, I will drill a lanyard hole in the tailcap.

Aside from these issues I'm very glad I bought the light and know I will enjoy using it.

Brightnorm

Default Re: Olight M2X-UT Javelot (XM-L2 dedome, 1x18650/2xCR123A) Review: BEAMSHOTS, RUNTIME

There is a lanyard hole in the tac ring, and it is ipx8.

Quote Originally Posted by brightnorm View Post
    No specs about "waterproofness", as opposed to the IPX-8 of most modern, quality lights.
    No lanyard hole in the tailcap even though the light comes with a lanyard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge930 View Post
    There is a lanyard hole in the tac ring, and it is ipx8.
    Sarge beat me to it. It's true there are no waterproof specs on the package, but the official Olight website does report IPX-8 to 2m for this light. And there is indeed a lanyard attachment point on the grip ring.
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Latest hobby: whiskyanalysis.com. New: Selfbuilt's MID-RANGE MYSTERY BOX Sale
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

Mine came in the Olight hard case that says right on it IPX-8 2 Meters.

AFAIK, it's on the case I've too.

I wasn't as observant as you guys. I threw out the tac ring since I didn't intend to use it. It's too bad Olight didn't put the lanyard hole on the tail cap since they knew that some folks wouldn't use the tac ring, which is probably why they made it removable. I guess I'll have to drill that hole.

Brightnorm

This torch is my next aim...
    This Javelot not come with pocket clip, so is M3X Triton Pocket clip can use on Javelot?
    Last edited by blackadder911; 02-18-2015 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackadder911 View Post
    This Javelot not come with pocket clip, so is M3X Triton Pocket clip can use on Javelot?
    It's not designed to, and I don't think it would work very well even if you could make it fit - that's a very big head that will get in the way of any pocket clip.
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Latest hobby: whiskyanalysis.com. New: Selfbuilt's MID-RANGE MYSTERY BOX Sale

You can easily use it at daytime, under a cloudy sky, at highnoon. The hotspot projects easily, on buildings, trees, at medium distance.

Is this normal, with just under 200 kcd, Selfbuilt-others.

Quote Originally Posted by RemcoM View Post
    You can easily use it at daytime, under a cloudy sky, at highnoon. The hotspot projects easily, on buildings, trees, at medium distance.
    Is this normal, with just under 200 kcd, Selfbuilt-others.
    You can certainly use it any time - but don't expect a very visible beam at any distance in daylight. Again, you can use the typical daytime cd values given in my post here to help guide you.

Quote Originally Posted by selfbuilt View Post
    You can certainly use it any time - but don't expect a very visible beam at any distance in daylight. Again, you can use the typical daytime cd values given in my post here to help guide you.
    But i mean the hotspot is easily visible, when pointed at walls of houses, at afternoon, these days, under cloudy skies.

Thats quite impressive.

Hi Selfbuilt,

1 Is it true, that when at turbo, for some minutes, the M2X loses intensity, but after turn it of, and ,again turn it on, can i restore the max intensity, like you, and others have said.

2 Is the strobemode, at max intensity-output=

Hi Selfbuilt,

1 Is it true, that when at turbo, for some minutes, the M2X loses intensity, but after turn it of, and ,again turn it on, can i restore the max intensity, like you, and others have said.

2 Is the strobemode, at max intensity-output=
    If Selfbuilt and others said it, than you can trust that, no need to ask confirmation again. And yes, for the Strobe. AFAIK all lights that have a Strobe mode, let the light Strobe at max power and therefore max intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    If Selfbuilt and others said it, than you can trust that, no need to ask confirmation again. And yes, for the Strobe. AFAIK all lights that have a Strobe mode, let the light Strobe at max power and therefore max intensity.
    +1

Thanks SB for the review. My TN32 dwarfs this light in size but they are about equal in throw. Wow! I'll have to sneak another light into the house.

Hi Selfbuilt,

When i stand by a tree/house, at near 2000 meters, and you shine to me, in the dark, outside urban areas, on a very clear moonless, no moon, with your near 200 kcD M2X UT Javelot,

How much illuminance will be there then, at the tree...me, and the house?

Must be lit up a bit.

Nobody?

Flashaholic*

Nobody?
    Practically none. The M2X-UT isn't rated to throw 2000 meters, That's well over a mile away.

Remco, purchase a VSS-3, that will light up your world and others within a couple of miles of you.

Selfbuilt,

is it true, that flashlights of over 100 kcd, has the same, or more kcd, than direct sunlight?

Direct sunlight is about 100 kcd, but im not really sure.

So, the M2X UTJavelot, has more intensity than direct sunlight?

Selfbuilt,

is it true, that flashlights of over 100 kcd, has the same, or more kcd, than direct sunlight?

Direct sunlight is about 100 kcd, but im not really sure.

So, the M2X UTJavelot, has more intensity than direct sunlight?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunlight

Thanks for the good link, kj2.

You can also try this looking at the illuminance values in this Wiki table:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lux

Quote Originally Posted by selfbuilt View Post
    You can also try this looking at the illuminance values in this Wiki table:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lux
    Hi Selfbuilt,

after some minutes, the M2X UT loses intensity, when at highmode,

Can i restore full intensity...full output, when turn it off, and again turn it on? With nearly full loaded batteries?

Can i restore its 180 kcd?

Yes, yes and yes.

Yes, yes and yes.
    I asked Selfbuilt,

but your answer is welcome too kj2?

What brand 18650, do you use for your olight M2X, kj2?

My neighbours do not like me at all, with my flashlights, while i only shine into my garden.....strange.......but, houses all around me...sadly enough.

I use Eagletac 3100 or 3400 mAh 18650 batteries.

Might be the perfect EDC , but I will wait for a decent pocket clip...

Quote Originally Posted by NoNotAgain View Post
    Practically none. The M2X-UT isn't rated to throw 2000 meters, That's well over a mile away.

Remco, purchase a VSS-3, that will light up your world and others within a couple of miles of you.

I asked Selfbuilt,
    As kj2 responded, yes, you can restart max output after step-down by turning off/on.

You asked the same question on 2/21 (post #42)

Thanks Selfbuilt for another amazing review. I had been watching your recommendations for single 18650 lithium batteries, and noticed a couple of weeks ago a mention of the first manufacturer produced de-domed flashlight which was not part of the famous "vn" modified stable of elite flashlights. The commentary in this thread appears somewhat underwhelming considering the outstanding output achieved by this very modest sized LED Flashlight. The first time I turned it on I realised it would be one of the milestone flashlights in LED flashlight history. The manufacturers have finally taken heed of the energy in forums such as this one to get more than the "incremental ordinary" improvements in LED flashlight technology.
    The Javelot is a Fantastic Ultra thrower at reasonable price, even out reaches my Thrunite TN32, which is over three times the weight, size, & battery capacity, not bad for a humble little 2015 Olight. I had been expecting some surprises this year but this one surpassed all my expectations in all UT categories.
    Have I missed something or is this still one of Olights best kept secrets. I will be saving up for the tidal wave of 800-1000m+ products as other manufacturers try to catch Olight on excellent product at a good price.

Fenix TK70 XML-T6 4xD NiMH, Olight SR95S SBT-70(#1 my top thrower & power still!), Thrunite TN32 3x 18650 (#3), Olight M2X-UT Javelot XML-L2 1x18650 (now #2), Nitecore EA8 Caveman 8xAA NiMH, Thrunite Neutron 2A v2 1x14500 (my top EDC thrower & power), Olight S15 1x14500, Keygos XML-T6 KE5 1x18650, Ultrafire XML-L2 C8 1x18650, Nitecore XML-L2 HC-90 1x18650 (my top headlight),2x XTAR VP2, Maha MH-C808M my top 2 chargers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast