Bushnell TRKR 225/TRKR500L lens protection?

marcosg

Newly Enlightened
Just picked up two Bushnell flashlight at sale price at Wallmart (TRKR 225 and TRKR T500L). Opened them up at home and i liked them. The only thing that concerns me is that the lens are not glass but it feels more like a hard plastic mylar. Is there anyway that I can use some protection on top so it won't scratch or just leave as it is.

Thanks

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally wouldn't worry about it until/if it becomes an issue. Then look at replacing it with a glass one.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
They do scuff easily so clean them gently and blow off dust first. My 1 AA TRKR T125L xp-e2 has a scuff on the lens but it's not super bad. Just be careful. Most likely you won't scratch it up much unless you are dropping it all the time outside. Mostly just be gentle and blow dirt off first if you need to clean it. It's kind hard to tell how the lens is in there even... looks like it's just glued onto the front with maybe a small o-ring behind it. I guess you could pry it off it you have an exact size piece of glass to replace it. Honestly though I'd just leave the plastic lens unless it gets really messed up. Even with small scuffs it won't affect the beam much.

marcosg

Newly Enlightened
They do scuff easily so clean them gently and blow off dust first. My 1 AA TRKR T125L xp-e2 has a scuff on the lens but it's not super bad. Just be careful. Most likely you won't scratch it up much unless you are dropping it all the time outside. Mostly just be gentle and blow dirt off first if you need to clean it. It's kind hard to tell how the lens is in there even... looks like it's just glued onto the front with maybe a small o-ring behind it. I guess you could pry it off it you have an exact size piece of glass to replace it. Honestly though I'd just leave the plastic lens unless it gets really messed up. Even with small scuffs it won't affect the beam much.

Thank you.