• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Ti Hosts with AlTiN coatings

Joseph Milton

Enlightened
Al-Ti-Nitride - purple/black color, low friction, 90+ RC, 2nd hardest coating available of the list behind diamond.

These were coated in the last batch of Modamag coatings in 2010. The threads were not taped / sealed off, so they got coated too, and I am a lazy POS and never touched them for 5 years!!!

Well, I'm moving and want to get these in the hands of someone who will actually finish them and enjoy them!

Shipping is included (lower 48 states). Paypal is too (no gift).

First is a Mac Custom's Ti-EDC. It is the SST-50 sized light, not the Tri pill. Mac sent it to
Jonathan, I got it back, the email to Mac took about a month to get back, and I was swamped at work and it never got back. So, it's just a host (no LE, no click, no reflector). Beautiful, but needs guts! $250

Next is a Mirage Man custom. His tail, body, head, and bezel ring. So damn cool. It had a 3 speed LE from the Shoppe that was popular back then that broke. Being lazy, I shoved it in the back of the safe! The host has a McClicky, rubber boot, reflector & lens. Add your LE, clean the contact points, and go! $375

Last is a Mirage Man / McGizmo / Milky custom. It's ready to rock, minus cleaning all contact points! Milky put in the brightest single stage LE he could back in 2010 (I have the tape at home, but couldn't find it). I will! $425

archimedes

Flashaholic
#2 (MM custom host) ... interested.

When you say "clean contact points" ... are these fully functional "as is" (with Aleph compatible light engine) ?

Does the coating "overspray" on the threads interfere with the proper function of these in any way, and does it need to be removed ?

Last edited:

Joseph Milton

Enlightened
OK, let's respond.
Not sure of the 18350 fitting the Mac, but...
All lights need the threads lapped...
I will be visiting Precisionworks this weekend, so if the interested parties would like, I can get the threads cleaned up before I ship them!
I can also find out about the 18350!

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

archimedes

Flashaholic
#2 & #3 ... I'll take it, with conditions, as discussed per PM.

Might take me a few hours to PayPal, but will pay within 24 hrs (if that's ok).

Many thanks !!

Joseph Milton

Enlightened
2&3 are gone.
Depending on the 18350, it's gone too!
I will PM the buyers this weekend once lapping is complete!
Joseph

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

stateoftheart

Enlightened
Very nice lights Joseph, are you saying Mac gave you the host. I also have an AlTin stock McGuzmo XR-19 for sale if anyone has missed out.

Dirty wage guy

Enlightened
Agreed! Congrats gentlemen!
1st rule of CPF: if you have an opportunity to buy something. DON'T HESITATE OR YOU WILL LOSE OUT!

Hey Coldshot, nice snag Sir! If you ever want to part ways with the Mac and make a considerable ammout of money on it,
let me know!

DWG

Beautiful hosts/lights. Congrats to all parties! :)

Joseph Milton

Enlightened
All lights shipped. The Mac got bored for 18650 & the other lights got lapped & tested. I'm pretty pissed at myself for not doing crap with these lights for 5 years! Oh well, now someone will use them. They were just weights in my safe!
In regards to whether Mac gave me the host or not, that's a good question! I emailed Chris this morning to see if he remembers. I do not have a clue!

archimedes

Flashaholic
Great thanks for excellent communication, and incredibly quick work to get these fixed up & shipped out.

Please pass along my appreciation to @precisionworks for me, as well [emoji106]

coldshot

Newly Enlightened
Got the Mac's AlTiN EDC today. Couldn't figure out why the head wouldn't screw down with the light engine installed. Then I measured the head. The AlTiN head is 1.45" tall. The head from my SST-50 donor is 1.55" tall. Is the shorter one actually a Tri EDC head?