How many lumens do you own?

wjv

Enlightened
Added up the max settings of all of my flashlights. Came in at 5,740 lumens. . .

Probably more than a couple people here who have a single light with close to, or in excess of all of my lights combined! :D

How many lumens do you own?

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know exactly, but definitely somewhere north of 26,000 OTF lumens. I am one of those with a single light that exceeds your total...MM15vn at 7400 OTF lumens, give or take a few (with fresh high-drain cells). Next highest is my Nitecore TM26 with a mere 3800 OTF lumens.

I give out those little coin cell lights all the time. I have over 240 lumens just counting those :D.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I have approximately 12,000 lumens or so. I'm surprised they didn't add up to more than that! But I guess I don't really have that many lights. The few I do have are mostly pretty bright though!

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I stopped counting at 46,500.

Thedoc007, I've run out of people to give the Battery Junction give away lights to. Now those folks want the Nitecore Tubes.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two maxabeams at 1500 each
ryobi 35w one+ xenon - 3200
a couple of 500-700 lumens
a bunch of others from 65-300 lumens

maybe 10,000+

tandem

Enlightened
Only 23 lupens here.

lupens.jpg

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thedoc007, I've run out of people to give the Battery Junction give away lights to. Now those folks want the Nitecore Tubes.

Well, they aren't getting them from me. Fauxtons are less than thirty-five cents each...I'm not giving away Nitecore Tubes to most of those people. An order of magnitude more expensive.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Perhaps 15k, with the bulk of that being in 3 HID spotlights - a homebrew project, a variant on the "Costco" HID, and a Ryobi ONE+ spotlight.

If my in my head math is right.....just south of 4000.... I am such a nOoB
Worry not - Stalin's supposed quote quantity has a quality all its own is certainly relevant. I've got many cheap flashlights I regret buying and no longer use.

LED is making 1k+ lumen increments far cheaper than when I started.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it an anorak?

Uh, better not tell them that it probably isn't alkalines in there! :)

Also:
Car headlights. That counts towards lumens owned, right? House light bulb ~600-900 lumens each? Gosh! I've got more than I figured!
What about the light output of my 5 gallon can of olive oil when used in my 16 "candlelighter" floaty oil lamps and improvised oil lamps? :thinking:
How many lumens is a 26.5mm flare gun? It sure lights up a field for a few seconds!
Gasoline in the vehicle gas tank used for the gasoline lamp?
How many lumens are in a pound of black powder?
Got about 5,000 "flashlight" flash powder firecrackers left over from New Years, bet that's a lot of lumens right there!

This is getting complicated! There's lumens everywhere!!

Last edited:

Drakemoore

Newly Enlightened
I think the lumens of one of my LED flashlights is about 350. Bought it from a local farm store and it has a lifetime warranty, already bought it back once when it started having a few minor issues. The brand is a Brinkman, I think? It's a 18650 cell flashlight.

tandem

Enlightened
If you love your lumens so very badly, set them free.
If they come back to you, they're yours forever, if they don't, they never were.

harro

Enlightened
About 50,000 lumens including a cheap Chinese 3500 lumen HID spotlight, and a Chinese handheld 2400 lumen HID torch with an adjustable beam and a horrible colour on startup, that actually turns into a half decent light when it fully warms up ( But it was the 140 lumen led conversion in my 5D Mag that just pushed it to 50k ). Most lumens at the moment in one LED torch is a TK75 2900 lumen. Don't mind the look of Nitecore's big quad emitter TM, but I'm going to have to convince a higher authority about all the reasons why there should be one in this household, if that's to happen !!!

:crackup: :poke:

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you love your lumens so very badly, set them free.
If they come back to you, they're yours forever, if they don't, they never were.
...depending on how something may or may not have perceived them.

Other quote:

'Tis better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

I've made that mistake a few times...
About 50,000 lumens including a cheap Chinese 3500 lumen HID spotlight, and a Chinese handheld 2400 lumen HID torch with an adjustable beam and a horrible colour on startup, that actually turns into a half decent light when it fully warms up ( But it was the 140 lumen led conversion in my 5D Mag that just pushed it to 50k ). Most lumens at the moment in one LED torch is a TK75 2900 lumen. Don't mind the look of Nitecore's big quad emitter TM, but I'm going to have to convince a higher authority about all the reasons why there should be one in this household, if that's to happen !!!
crackup.gif
poke2.gif
Omg. Cannot even respond. -NOCARRIER-

Last edited: