Possible Olight S30R diy fix

Bushman5

Enlightened
Some of us have experienced our new Olight S30R lights crapping out....not going into HIGH or STROBE MODE, or displaying a Low Battery red light on the switch......despite having a fully charged battery.

I may have the fix........

remove the tailcap, and with the Olight tailcap tool (hard to find, easy to make) remove the guts of the tailcap. Soak with Methyl Hydrate, as it evaporates extremely fast and does not harm plastic or rubber. Do not use any other solvent or cleaner. METHYL HYDRATE only (solvent section Home Depot, Lowes etc)

You may see bits of leftover machining residue aluminum powder in the methyl hydrate as you flush the tailcap and parts. I had a tiny amount that flushed out, along with several tiny flakes of aluminum.

Reassemble and retry your light. Mine works now and goes into the HIGH MODE (1000 lumens) and into the strobe mode as well. As well I can now cycle it thru the various light levels mode.

hope this helps. Something to try before returning your light.

:cool:

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for that tip, if my dad's third s30r ends up acting up again I will try this as long Olight says beforehand they will still cover the original problem

Bushman5

Enlightened
Thanks for that tip, if my dad's third s30r ends up acting up again I will try this as long Olight says beforehand they will still cover the original problem

well...it lasted for about 2 days and then the light crapped out completely.

going to box it up and mail it back to Olight.....