Olight I3S EOS Turns on in my pocket!

dubious

Newly Enlightened
Hi... after reading the reviews on this wonderful forum I settled on an Olight I3S EOS as my EDC 1xAAA light. It's awesome but keeps turning on inadvertently in my jeans watch pocket. If I screw it too lose the head comes off completely sometimes. The o-ring looks fine. Being my first twist switch light (non clicky tail switch) I was pretty excited. Is there some technique I'm missing here? I've had it for 2 weeks of EDC and it's turned on 3x and the head came off once. Maybe I could but a dollop of silicone in there?

N_N_R

Enlightened
That's really strange. I can't really give advice as I've had.... three or four of them and never had any problem. I'd rather just once again confirm it's an awesome light. Do you carry it alone in the pocket? I mean, could there be something else that it kinda... rubs off and the friction helps the head twist?

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is an issue with this type of twisty light and not unique to the I3. However if yours is really bad or has loads of play in the head, it might be worth seeing if you can exchange it.

To test, unscrew the head until it turns off, now push the head down and it'll light up again. You need to unscrew it enough so that when you push the head down it doesn't light up. If at this point the head is really loose, then I would consider it an issue.

Maglite get this right with the Solitaire LED, as they are head tight = off and head loose = on. So you don't get any of these issues.

bushsquirrel

Newly Enlightened
Having the exact same issue, every time I reach for it.....its in 2 pieces. any one have a suggestion?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
needs a new O ring, the old one is not providing enough rotational resistance anymore
or
try a wrap of plumbers tape (the white teflon stuff) around the threads