Armytek Prime C1 Warm Newbee first look

Orangie

Newly Enlightened
This is my first attempt at this so please forgive the pics and amateur commentary.
I am fairly new to the light world, but have been bitten fairly bad.
Since I received my Armytek Predator Pro, I have been curious on other offerings. I had heard of the Prime series coming out, so I jumped on the C1 Warm as soon as I could.
5ESZ1Rbl.jpg
6UxnHA3l.jpg

0b0KOiwl.jpg
orkByjTl.jpg

With the collection thus far,
UWe0p2nl.jpg

I have been carrying it for a week now, it came with a clip but I haven't put it on yet, will post pics with clip soon. I'm not sure that I want to kick it out of my pocket anytime soon. The ergos feel great, very comfortable on the button interface. Not as stiff as I had thought. The beam tint is more of a neutral compared with the Spark SF3 but warmer than my Clicky neutral.
Terrible beam shot around 4' in the bathroom..
FArvkNhl.jpg

Sorry about that..will work on pics.

It's built like a tank, but not heavy. Love the thick bezel.
IVknS7yl.jpg
39Q3ysKl.jpg

ybj1R10l.jpg

I haven't had much chance to really check it out yet, but work is crazy..you know the story lol but can't wait.
The interface is easy on this, I didn't get the pro model but this one has two firefly modes, low, med, high, double click for turbo which looks crazy bright.
So far after a week, I am still very happy with this and will add more pics and info as I go. Just wanted to get some in quick.
Cheers

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice collection for someone who is just starting to buy nicer lights. The C1 looks like a tough little light.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice photos thank you, looks like it could take some abuse !

Orangie

Newly Enlightened
Nice photos thank you, looks like it could take some abuse !
Thanks,
I had given fedex permission to leave the package outside the door. It was at least -20 and it had probably been sitting there all day.
As soon a I got home, I popped in a primary within a minute and it worked fine while still very cold, same as the predator.
Cheers

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got the same light a few weeks back except mine is the pro version. Been carrying it daily. Like you said, built like a tank! Nice tint. Nice beam. Nice UI...I wish I had purchased one years ago, but the name (ArmyTek) kept me thinking of cheap Chinese lights for some reason. Not the case!

Orangie

Newly Enlightened
Just got the same light a few weeks back except mine is the pro version. Been carrying it daily. Like you said, built like a tank! Nice tint. Nice beam. Nice UI...I wish I had purchased one years ago, but the name (ArmyTek) kept me thinking of cheap Chinese lights for some reason. Not the case!
Indeed,
The last thing I think of is cheap with this. Reminds me of when I discovered the Zero Tolerance knives.
Cheers

chadvone

Enlightened
How has this light been holding up ? Any Issues ?

I sold my Armytek Prime A1 and just bought it back.

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought the Pro version. It has some glitches with the electronics (much too often, can't get into firefly level), which does not surprise me too much. The pocket clip does not attach securely to the flashlight, it wobbles. The switch is a little bit stiff, but not as bad as the one on my 1year old Wizard.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the AA Primes. Really like them, especially the Prime A2 Warm for the nice warm tint and the good run times. I don't EDC it (I have Zebralights for that), partly because it doesn't have a good clip (the one it comes with is useless). I suppose if I get another, I'd get the pro version for the better clip. But it comes with a holster, which is nice for outdoors.

chadvone

Enlightened
Had the Prime A1 Pro Liked the UI. Didn't like the tint. Sold it. Looking for a C2 on market place. Ended up buying back the A1 I sold. Hope the tint is better :)

On the Armytek thread. They say there is a newer model with XPL emmitter. I hope they didn't change the UI.

Last edited:

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately my C1 Pro just died the other day. Went to one mode and then refused to turn on. ArmyTek is insisting on a video!

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately my C1 Pro just died the other day. Went to one mode and then refused to turn on. ArmyTek is insisting on a video!

So much for hassle-free eh?

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
So much for hassle-free eh?
Yeah, I know. Will see. Just joined Dropbox so I could send them the video. First production light to ever die on me like that.