Just placed a Fenix TK41 order

straightShot

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a Fenix PD41 45 minutes ago. I wonder, in this modern age, why it isn't here yet?

I look forward to getting it and wonder how long purchase orders will take in the 22nd century, knowing that I'll be long gone. In the 20th Century, which wasn't so long ago to me, I had to put a stamp on an envelope and then put the envelope in the mail to place an order. It then took some time after that to get any merchandise!

I am looking forward to getting and using the PD41. I was hesitant at first about an 8 AA flashlight, but I think that it's going to be a great light to have around the house and will fit my needs perfectly. I got it knowing that I have quite a few eneloops that need somewhere to go, but I do wonder. Who else has this light? What do you think about it? Is it a go-to light for you?

Last edited:

GunnarGG

Enlightened
Re: Just placed a Fenix PD41

I'm sure your light will arrive in just a few minutes. :)

But, PD41, is there a Fenix with that name?
Do you mean TK41 since you wrote 8AA?
Or LD41 or E41? (4xAA)?

KosmoC

Newly Enlightened

It's not there yet because there is no such thing as a PD41. Had you ordered something else, I have no doubt it would be in your hands by now.. :D

braddy

Enlightened

Until we get our package delivery rockets with cluster capabilities for area delivery, deliveries will continue to take a while.

Fleetwood

Newly Enlightened

In the distant future, in cities at least, I used to think there would be an underground distribution network connected to most homes and businesses. Regular mail and small packages (food (even hot food)/clothes/electronics) could be delivered within minutes of ordering - sent on their way inside a capsule and a network of tubes.

Maintenance costs would be high though (a capsule stuck in a broken tube under someone else's house, anyone?). And delivery is already quick now, within 24 hours is becoming the norm for my Amazon deliveries. So would there be demand for it? I don't think so. Drone deliveries are looking interesting also, but they have their own problems too.

otis311

Newly Enlightened

Bugs Bunny got his ACME orders within seconds. This is unacceptable.

Waiting is the best part for me. Checking tracking info is like crack.

straightShot

Newly Enlightened

Bugs Bunny got his ACME orders within seconds. This is unacceptable.

Waiting is the best part for me. Checking tracking info is like crack.

I've only checked on the tracking once this morning. It won't be long!

Fleetwood:
Trackless distribution methods would be a lot cheaper. They might be on to something with drones...

straightShot

Newly Enlightened

My new TK41 mysteriously showed up on my doorstep, and it works great. My son asked "Another flashlight, dad?" I just didn't know how to answer him other than saying "Yep."

A new flashlight, sent to me via the most technologically advanced transportation methods available in this, the early 21st Century.

GunnarGG

Enlightened

I told you your light would arrive in just a few minutes.
More exactly in 5336 minutes.

Hope you enjoy it, TK41 looks like a great light! :twothumbs

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast

Perhaps a mod could change the title? I've passed over this thread for days, as I had other lights than the PD41 higher on my to-read-about list...

I've have a TK41 for a few months now; it is indeed my go-to light for going walking and/or hiking after dark! The reflector is so efficient I rarely need to ramp up above Mid, so the batteries last forever; I find myself using Low a fair bit of the time and marveling at how useful it is on a setting that's rated for 240 hours!! When I do get out into the country Turbo still makes me grin like I'm getting away with something.

I love my TK41! Congratulations on yours!

straightShot

Newly Enlightened

I wish that I could change the title, too!

Didn't have to wait too long at all! The shipping was indeed quick!

I find myself using my light when I don't really have to use it. It just feels good to have a decent-sized flashlight in my hand again.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've got over 50,000 lumens of light (per another thread) and my TK41 is one light that I couldn't do without. Makes no difference if it's the 860 or 900 lumen version, it's a great light.

Take two pieces of electrical tape and wrap around the middle of each set of batteries and i will take the small rattle out of the light. Also, get some Eneloop NiMH batteries and toss the alkaline cells unless you started with Eneloop's. Hate seeing lights trashed due to crappy batteries.