Thrunite Neutron 2A V2, EXTREMELY HAPPY with follow up service!!!

Berneck1

Enlightened
I am chalking my recent dissatisfaction with Thrunite customer service up to a miscommunication. After posting about my experience, Dave at Thrunite contacted me personally, and immediately offered to replace my light! Customer service was quick to respond, and sent me a new light right away.

I received the light today, and it seems to work perfectly. I'm hoping the vampire drain is a thing of the past, and the light performs as expected. I will note that the button on this light is different from the original light, which leads me to believe that the switch may be different. I'm hoping this means I won't have any issues.

I reiterate my initial thoughts on this light. It's a very impressive light for what it can do on 2xAA's. It is configurable in 1xAA/14500 or 2xAA. It has 5 well spaced levels of light, with an excellent UI. You can get to turbo from any level including off. And you can also get to firefly from off. In terms of output, I believe that Thrunite is at the forefront of what is to come in AA lights. I have been moving away from 18650/CR123 lights because of the recent advancements. A rear-clicky Neutron would be even more amazing! I hope that comes soon. I have said before that the electronic switch is not optimal for pocket carry because it can be too easily activated by accident. That being said, this is my favorite AA light light to date, and is a pleasure to use around the house.

Fingers crossed I don't have any battery drain issues....I will update this post in a few weeks with what I find...

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

cyclesport

Enlightened
Thanks for posting this update, and glad to hear Thrunite stepped up to help you. I've been holding off acquiring this light since it's release due to the many issues reported, and had hoped that Thrunite would address these problems with some engineering updates. Kinda sounds like the new switch cap might indicate some internal rework? Be interested to hear how this replacement performs for you...