Malkoff        
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The NEW MarketPlace

Default Re: The NEW MarketPlace

Quote Originally Posted by baterija View Post
    Is there a plan to include the Dealer/Manufacturer forums over here as well. It got most of my CPFM eyeball time over the years. Other parts of General Marketplace (besides Cheer and Jeers) go homeless as well when it dies. Some of that information either needs a new home over here or needs some revamping of the rules enforcement to fit in to the existing forum structure.

Things like GreenLed's Specials thread should not die. That thread is straight baller son.
    No worries. Yes, the Dealers and Manufacturers will be joining us soon. And other important information will be incorporated/referenced/moved if possible so as not to be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by maro69camaro View Post
    I bet we see alot of black market flashlight sales
    I would hope not. But I suspect some will try. They will be dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by vestureofblood;4603279[SIZE=4
    ]Some lucky sucker beat me to the number one spot, but I am on the scene now!!![/SIZE]
    You just had to go and post that didn't ya...now he's going to use that (and the six Super Bowls) against us all...

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    I would hope not. But I suspect some will try. They will be dealt with.
    Swiftly...like the hand of God.

Man, that post feels good - even though it doesn't count! Baby steps, someone once said...

Quote Originally Posted by vestureofblood View Post
    vestutreofblood must really want to be among the first to sell a light on the new forum, he just listed a $139 light for less than his cost on them!!!!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...iscount-181306

Some lucky sucker beat me to the number one spot, but I am on the scene now!!!

SOLD!!!!!!! May not have been among the first to join CPF, but vestures goin' down in history NOW boys!!! WOOT!!!

Thanks to Greta and CPF members AndyF and wedlpine for making it possible.
    Last edited by vestureofblood; 02-11-2015 at 11:00 AM.
    In Him (Jesus Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    FS: Everyday Carry Lights Upgrades for Maglite.

Flashaholic*

There has been a new Cheers 'N Jeers forum here on CPF for the past week - I even referred someone in the Cafe to it... posting a link! No takers so far. Ummm... feedback... Yes, I believe there is a feedback system. You will be able to click on a seller and see how many other sales they have and feedback.

Oh! And the prize you get for the first listing is my undying gratitude!
    Have you ever of a website called heatware.com?

I was introduced to it years ago as a independent 3rd party buyer/seller evaluation process.

It helps add credibility of a seller or buyer without it being tied to a single entity such as eBay. You can associate your account with multiple forums you sell items with the various aliases you may use across diff forums. It allows each side of the transaction to describe what was bought or sold & how the transaction was handled with a positive, neutral, or negative evaluation from either perspective. I also believe once an evaluation has been posted you cannot modify it although I have never had a reason to attempt that.

VB has an option to have a heatware link in your profile like a FaceBook icon or people can add it to their sig line for easy reference.

I know it's free from a client POV but I don't know if there's any cost for CPF to host/use the service.

Here's my profile as an example: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=41839

Just an idea since there's an effort underway for new & changing ways of doing transactions.
    Travis

Various Neutral Tinted/Hi CRI Goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by vestureofblood View Post

Some lucky sucker beat me to the number one spot, but I am on the scene now!!!
    Congrats on being runner up.

Quote Originally Posted by wacbzz View Post
    You just had to go and post that didn't ya...now he's going to use that (and the six Super Bowls) against us all...
    You bet your sweet bippy.
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Ok, I think I just realized something. We will now have to create an ad for each light we want to sell, right? I.e., no more combining multiple lights into the same ad?

edited to add:

I also noticed that sales threads are now being comingled with non-WTS subforums. For example, Lomandor's E1E sales thread is showing up in the incandescent forum. Is this by design? Is this something that might be changed in the future?
    Last edited by cland72; 02-11-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Thank you, everyone, for providing great feedback. We're very excited to be working with Candle Power Forums.

I want to take this opportunity to introduce the Panjo team to everyone on CPF and let you know that we are here to help in any way that we can. If you have technical issues when using the marketplace, please do not hesitate to contact us via support@panjo.com or via the support button in the bottom-right corner of the marketplace. These are the best methods to submit bugs or other problems. We'll also be popping in on this thread to make sure we answer anyone's questions to the best of our ability.

Have a great week!

Quote Originally Posted by cland72 View Post
    Ok, I think I just realized something. We will now have to create an ad for each light we want to sell, right? I.e., no more combining multiple lights into the same ad?
    Yup!

edited to add:

I also noticed that sales threads are now being comingled with non-WTS subforums. For example, Lomandor's E1E sales thread is showing up in the incandescent forum. Is this by design? Is this something that might be changed in the future?
    I have an idea for this... cuz honestly I don't like it either. But I don't want to add to the forum list on the Main Forum Index. But I have an idea that just might work out perfectly! ... will keep you posted.

Man, that post feels good - even though it doesn't count! Baby steps, someone once said...
    Bob...

This is going to take some getting used to.

Where do the sold items go? VoB sale is not in the listing of all items, only when you select search SOLD items only. It might be nice to have them all together so if you are browsing the listings you know what is sold vs. what was withdrawn or whatever instead of having to browse multiple search parameters to keep an eye on sales and find out what happened with them. Also if there was a way to browse all flashlights without looking at all items that would be good. I may not want to look at knives or lasers or GID or dive lighting, but I would like to look at all lights without having to look first at LED lights, then Incan, then headlamps... A way to lump a few of those together would be good. The way they were on the MP.

Also, can we please please please not have the sales threads mixed in with the discussion threads in the general forums? That is going to create an unpleasant browsing experience when this thing gets up and running and the whole first page of the LED and Incan lights forums are populated with Sales threads. One of the benefits of having the forum separate is I could browse and read without "commercial interuption". Yuck. Thank you.

[...] I also noticed that sales threads are now being comingled with non-WTS subforums. For example, Lomandor's E1E sales thread is showing up in the incandescent forum. Is this by design? Is this something that might be changed in the future?
    [...] I have an idea for this... cuz honestly I don't like it either. But I don't want to add to the forum list on the Main Forum Index. But I have an idea that just might work out perfectly! ... will keep you posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    [...]Also, can we please please please not have the sales threads mixed in with the discussion threads in the general forums? That is going to create an unpleasant browsing experience when this thing gets up and running and the whole first page of the LED and Incan lights forums are populated with Sales threads. One of the benefits of having the forum separate is I could browse and read without "commercial interuption". Yuck. Thank you.
    Along those lines, the WTS sale threads that don't have "WTS:" in the title now look exactly like discussion threads:
    Surefire SR09-D-IT dual switch
    Can there be an automated component (or ?something?) that makes these threads stand out in the discussion forums, just to begin with?

Edit: I guess I'm just asking that for the meantime, if folks can use WTS etc in their titles that would help.
    Last edited by Kestrel; 02-11-2015 at 12:26 PM.

This is going to take some getting used to.

Where do the sold items go? VoB sale is not in the listing of all items, only when you select search SOLD items only. It might be nice to have them all together so if you are browsing the listings you know what is sold vs. what was withdrawn or whatever instead of having to browse multiple search parameters to keep an eye on sales and find out what happened with them.
    Talk about mucking things up? I think it's brilliant to get the "Sold" stuff out of the way so you don't end up with the problem that exists on the MP right now - you click on a thread cuz you want to buy the item only to find out the item sold last month and the seller failed to marked the thread as "Sold". One click to filter is really not that bad... is it?

Also if there was a way to browse all flashlights without looking at all items that would be good. I may not want to look at knives or lasers or GID or dive lighting, but I would like to look at all lights without having to look first at LED lights, then Incan, then headlamps... A way to lump a few of those together would be good. The way they were on the MP.
    Um... it's NOT like that at the MP. The only thing that is different here is that LED flashlights and Incan flashlights are separate. The MP has separate forums for knives, headlamps, multi-tools, non-lights, etc. Yes, a few of the "Other Personal Type Lights" are lumped together at the MP but that's just for convenience so as to not have a bazillion forums to go through and based on actual traffic and usage of such forums. Have you tried using the "Narrow by" drop down to filter out what you don't want to look at? Just sayin'... again, try not to make this complicated - it isn't. And one or two more clicks is NOT a big deal when it comes to the convenience and over all "just better" of all this.

Also, can we please please please not have the sales threads mixed in with the discussion threads in the general forums? That is going to create an unpleasant browsing experience when this thing gets up and running and the whole first page of the LED and Incan lights forums are populated with Sales threads. One of the benefits of having the forum separate is I could browse and read without "commercial interuption". Yuck. Thank you.
    See my post above.

MEOW, can it be set up to show who the buyer was? In my case it shows because they replied in VOB's there is no record. Some like to track the provenance of lights.

Ok... I just created separate sub-forums for the WTS items. So now the sale threads will not be intermingled with the regular discussion threads in a forum. And... I've made it so that when anyone tries to create a sale thread in one of the WTS sub-forums, they will automatically be redirected to the Panjo MarketPlace to create a new sale - thus thwarting any efforts at "blackmarket flashlight sales".

I'm still not thrilled with the "clutter" on the Main Forum Index... but I'll work on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beamhead View Post
    MEOW, can it be set up to show who the buyer was? In my case it shows because they replied in VOB's there is no record. Some like to track the provenance of lights.
    I don't think that's possible but I'll ask the panjo dudes.

Actually if the buyer posts in the thread created here it is a matter of record. I clicked through to the CPF link in VOB's sale and it shows, this is fine as long as the buyer posts.

Ok... I just created separate sub-forums for the WTS items. So now the sale threads will not be intermingled with the regular discussion threads in a forum. And... I've made it so that when anyone tries to create a sale thread in one of the WTS sub-forums, they will automatically be redirected to the Panjo MarketPlace to create a new sale - thus thwarting any efforts at "blackmarket flashlight sales".

I'm still not thrilled with the "clutter" on the Main Forum Index... but I'll work on that.
    $5 says you're going to start getting people that click on those sub-forums to try to post an item for sale and when they can't, they'll come a crying...

$5 says you're going to start getting people that click on those sub-forums to try to post an item for sale and when they can't, they'll come a crying...
    Oh I'm counting on it!

Talk about mucking things up? I think it's brilliant to get the "Sold" stuff out of the way so you don't end up with the problem that exists on the MP right now - you click on a thread cuz you want to buy the item only to find out the item sold last month and the seller failed to marked the thread as "Sold". One click to filter is really not that bad... is it?

Um... it's NOT like that at the MP. The only thing that is different here is that LED flashlights and Incan flashlights are separate. The MP has separate forums for knives, headlamps, multi-tools, non-lights, etc. Yes, a few of the "Other Personal Type Lights" are lumped together at the MP but that's just for convenience so as to not have a bazillion forums to go through and based on actual traffic and usage of such forums. Have you tried using the "Narrow by" drop down to filter out what you don't want to look at? Just sayin'... again, try not to make this complicated - it isn't. And one or two more clicks is NOT a big deal when it comes to the convenience and over all "just better" of all this.

See my post above.
    Ok, I guess I am just wrong - I'll try harder next time.

The RED sold tag that appears on the sold item seems pretty clear. Either way, it is dependent on people marking things as sold for the tag or filter to work.

Ok, so I guess I am just talking about actual flashlights and parts, both LED and Incan. Sorry for not being clearer. I will just have to check the few relevant subforums then.

I am still not clear on the payment and fee structure. Is there a panjo FAQ we can reference?

Edit:

Also, does each sale ad create both a panjo style page and an actual CPF thread?

This works much better. now in the Mobile App, you can subscribe to these forums and be alerted when there are new Sale items that show up.

Ok, I guess I am just wrong - I'll try harder next time.

The RED sold tag that appears on the sold item seems pretty clear. Either way, it is dependent on people marking things as sold for the tag or filter to work.
    If the sale is completed by the buyer clicking on the "Buy" button, it is automatically marked as sold. And if the sale is completed some other way outside of the marketplace, then it is in the best interest of the seller to mark it sold or they will end up in one heck of a mess with someone clicking the buy button and forking over paypal on an item that is already sold. So I'm guessing this isn't going to be a problem...

Ok, so I guess I am just talking about actual flashlights and parts, both LED and Incan. Sorry for not being clearer. I will just have to check the few relevant subforums then.
    There ya go! There's the right attitude!! (... and exactly as you had to do over at CPFMP... )

I am still not clear on the payment and fee structure. Is there a panjo FAQ we can reference?
    List an item, decide your price, when it sells - 3% of your sale will come off the top and go to CPF. PayPal has their fee of course... nothing I can do about that... that is nothing new except this prevents people from selling using the gift option which is against PayPal TOS anyway. Again... nothing new.

And again... it's not that complicated!

Edit:

Also, does each sale ad create both a panjo style page and an actual CPF thread?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbrat View Post
    This works much better. now in the Mobile App, you can subscribe to these forums and be alerted when there are new Sale items that show up.
    Yup!

So there's a 3% fee for CPF and paypal will still take the 3.5% + currency conversion sometimes

eg. I sell an LED for £5.00 - so i pay £0.15 to CPF and £0.17 to paypal?

Paypal requires delivery confirmation to be protected, whereas in the past people have paid me in different methods so as not to send it tracked (a lot cheaper) which by the way is £8.80 from UK to USA.

so the £5 LED Would usually cost me £9.00 to send to USA

but with postage and fees now it will cost £14.12 or $21.52?!?

Who is going to pay that for an LED?

now the fees - First... there are no upfront fees for listing. BUT - if you are not a CPF Supporter there will be a 3% fee when your item sells. CPF Supporters will not have to pay a fee when their item sells. When you list your item, you will be notified of any fees that may be imposed upon completion of sale. Your user group at the time of the listing - NOT at the time of sale - determines whether or not you are subject to a fee.

Custom builds | Components | Hosts | Modifications
    www.3tronics.co.uk
    Instagram: 3Tronics Twitter: @3Tronics

And again... it's not that complicated!
    Thank you for your answers Kelly; they are helpful.

It's new, and new things are always hard, especially when one has done things a certain way for a long time. Please be patient with us as we try to make this transition with you. It is essentially a surprise, so we haven't had a lot of time to process it all, along with panjo being basically an unknown entity to most of before like yesterday.

We appreciate your understanding and kindly demeanor.

Quote Originally Posted by James3 View Post
    So there's a 3% fee for CPF and paypal will still take the 3.5% + currency conversion sometimes

eg. I sell an LED for £5.00 - so i pay £0.15 to CPF and £0.17 to paypal?

Paypal requires delivery confirmation to be protected, whereas in the past people have paid me in different methods so as not to send it tracked (a lot cheaper) which by the way is £8.80 from UK to USA.

so the £5 LED Would usually cost me £9.00 to send to USA

but with postage and fees now it will cost £14.12 or $21.52?!?

Who is going to pay that for an LED?

now the fees - First... there are no upfront fees for listing. BUT - if you are not a CPF Supporter there will be a 3% fee when your item sells. CPF Supporters will not have to pay a fee when their item sells. When you list your item, you will be notified of any fees that may be imposed upon completion of sale. Your user group at the time of the listing - NOT at the time of sale - determines whether or not you are subject to a fee.

Ok... people... please try to follow me on this... YOU decide your shipping options and fees! This is NO DIFFERENT than what you did at CPFMP! The ONLY difference is that you know up front - BEFORE YOU CLICK THE FINAL BUTTON FOR LISTING - what your fees will be with CPF. AND... you can either have the buyer pay the paypal fee (there is an option when you create your listing to have this so) or you can figure out YOUR paypal fee by going to PayPal and using their calculator. ALL of this is done BEFORE you post your listing! I just created a listing of my own for the CPF T-shirt... and I am frankly blown away at how simple and easy and UNCOMPLICATED it is!!

Yes I get that, I can pay the fees or the buyer can.. But the total price will be £5.12 higher? (In my case) Which will put buyers off?
    Custom builds | Components | Hosts | Modifications
    www.3tronics.co.uk
    Instagram: 3Tronics Twitter: @3Tronics

Quote Originally Posted by James3 View Post
    Yes I get that, I can pay the fees or the buyer can.. But the total price will be £5.12 higher? (In my case) Which will put buyers off?
    Ok... well... I guess you'll have to figure out the best option for yourself. You could always just buy a Supporter Badge and not worry about the CPF fee. Or you could sell somewhere else.

Isn't it against PayPal policy to have the buyer pay the fees?

Quote Originally Posted by Beamhead View Post
    Isn't it against PayPal policy to have the buyer pay the fees?
    Evidently not when it is done like this. I did talk to the Panjo guys about that.

See... an individual cannot impose an additional charge onto a buyer so they can be reimbursed for the fee THEY have to pay as a seller. BUT... when done this way, The seller doesn't pay the paypal fee (so it's like the gift option for them) and the BUYER is charged the paypal fee when they hit the button to pay. So the BUYER will be notified that on top of what the seller is charging for the item and for shipping, they will have to pay the paypal fee.

Man, I hope that makes sense...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast