GITD sticker paper ?

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
Does anyone know if this can be purchased at a local art store like say: Michael's arts and crafts ?

Want to try glow paper between led and reflector, as the paint isn't really coming out how I want.

Norman

Newly Enlightened
Never seen glow "paper". I've found glow "tape" in a few Dollar Stores. You can also find glow "sheets" around, but it's relatively thick (1mm or so). In general, they use the cheap glow powder, so they don't glow very well or for very long.

If you have glow powder, maybe try adding some to some clear nail polish (Wet 'n Wild clear seems to work ok, also found in dollar stores). Put a few thin coats where you want it, then cover it with a layer or two of clear. Works MUCH better than the glow paint I've tried.

If you're doing this on a non-white/silver surface, also grab a bottle of white nail polish to use as a base coat.

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Drawing a blank on the manufacturer but if your in the US and have a Menards hardware store nearby, they sell a set of GID reflective safety stickers that appear to use the same strontium silicate as the good GID stuff manufacturers use. I have a bunch of the stickers but have taken them all out of the original packaging and can't recall the name of the manufacturer.

Not sure it this is really what you are looking for but the pack comes with 5 or 7 stickers that have an approximately 3/4" wide by 6" strip of GID bordered on either side by a 1" wide reflective silver tape.

They glow great and I have used them to mark the edges of equipment that might need to be seen in the dark etc.

If you do have a Menards nearby, they sell it in the duct tape area.

Update:
The strips I mentioned are made by Duck. Went to their website but they don't seem to be listed in their product line.

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
There's two kinds: the cheap one that'll glow for 5 minutes and then there's the industrial one.

Search through my ooooold threads. I once did a test to compare just that, with pics and stuff. I still have the samples, but I lost the notebook where I kept all my notes so can't tell you where I got the brightest ones from. :(

rammertide07

Newly Enlightened
I cut vinyl decals and have run across gitd vinyl. Expensive stuff!! But it can be precision cut with a vinyl cutting machine.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i use gitd signs, like exit, fire extinguisher, ...,prbly almost any harware store has them, i found them to be better quality than other gitd tapes or paints i used, (of course nothing beats gitd powder mixed with clear epoxy), however they come with letters painted on them, i use gel paint remover to clean them off, the sheet has very good adhecive, and strong foil base.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
As everyone else has said, nothing beats GITD powder. Mix it in two ton clear Devcon epoxy(30 Minutes), and you can make your own disk at any thickness and then dremel them to the size you want. It glows like crazy and for a long time if you use green.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
As everyone else has said, nothing beats GITD powder. Mix it in two ton clear Devcon epoxy(30 Minutes), and you can make your own disk at any thickness and then dremel them to the size you want. It glows like crazy and for a long time if you use green.

Right...but the sticker I linked uses "large crystal" strontium aluminate...so it SHOULD be comparable in brightness, with less effort and less mess. I wanted to know if anyone could confirm that, one way or the other.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
lets suggest things that we tried , tested, and know for a fact how it performs.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
lets suggest things that we tried , tested, and know for a fact how it performs.

Sounds great in theory, but what about new products? Not everyone is going to be willing to buy a bunch of different stickers, just to compare their relative performance. They aren't that cheap...

Also note I wasn't suggesting UVPaqlite stickers...I was ASKING for anyone's feedback, who did have experience with it. Furthermore, I have used glow sticks from the same company, and they are quite effective, so it isn't a complete unknown.

This is a forum, meant for discussion. As long as you stay more or less within the topic, I don't see the need for additional restrictions.