Defiant Armormax D3 LED Flashlight Circuit Board

Tazmanian

Newly Enlightened
I am brand new on the forum as of tonight. Forgive me if I make a mistake with my first post.
I have a Defiant Armormax D3 LED flashlight 590 Lumen output. The circuit board is damaged beyond repair and I am having a very difficult time finding a replacement. I am hoping that someone on the forum has run into this and can provide information or a link that will help me find one. The light is not all that expensive to replace but I hate waste and it dose put out a lot of light for the money.
Thank You

ronniepudding

Enlightened
I think HD has a liberal return/exchange policy... But if you damaged it through negligence, or would otherwise rather not exchange it, I believe the board doesn't do anything except mode switching. And only high mode is actually worthwhile on that light IMHO. So you could conceivably rewire without it.

Tazmanian

Newly Enlightened
Thank you Ronniepudding I will try the rewire tonight, there is plenty of room to work with inside the aluminum heat sink. I will try to use the circuit board as a fixture to hold the spring and wires.
tazmanian

ronniepudding

Enlightened
I just took mine apart... Forgot that the spring is soldered to the board :/

So it will take some fabrication to rectify the problem, or a source of generic parts at least.

Tazmanian

Newly Enlightened
I used a small rat tail file and made a generous opening on the board for the red wire to pass through then soldered it to the spring base, works great. I was trying to move the red wire from L1 to L2 terminal in order to bypass the mode function and make the light just turn on to the high setting. I performed this procedure on two other Defiant D3 lights W/O difficulty but on this one the L2 terminal melted beyond repair. You provided the exact info that I needed to correct the problem. I did not know if the board was just that or had a driver within it. Electronics is not part of my field and have no shame in asking for help. I hope this forum has lots more folks as nice and willing to help others as you are.
Take Care
Taz

ronniepudding

Enlightened
Excellent! Glad you were successful and glad I could help :)

I've done the same mod on this light, and recalled that the effect was to make it direct drive. It's much better as a single mode light...