Inexpensive Clip for HDS Rotary Flashlight

recDNA

Flashaholic
Are there any inexpensive clips that just happen to fit and work well with a HDS rotary model? Particularly useful if the clip is available for sale on its own...in other words I don't want to buy another flashlight just to get the clip! LOL

Lucky Duck

Enlightened
Over on CPFMP Larrylove is selling a rotary with a Zebralight SC600 clip which he says "works pretty well on the Rotary". There is a couple of pics showing it on the light. You can buy them from Zebralight for a mere $2.95!

mau91

Newly Enlightened
I put a clip from a Streamlight ProTac 1L on my Tactical Rotary (clips on their own are sourceable from BrightGuy for $4.10) Fits very tight and secure:
HDS_with_Clip.jpg

recDNA

Flashaholic
Over on CPFMP Larrylove is selling a rotary with a Zebralight SC600 clip which he says "works pretty well on the Rotary". There is a couple of pics showing it on the light. You can buy them from Zebralight for a mere $2.95!
I saw that and asked if it rubs against the ano when you turn the rotary but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I put a clip from a Streamlight ProTac 1L on my Tactical Rotary (clips on their own are sourceable from BrightGuy for $4.10) Fits very tight and secure:
HDS_with_Clip.jpg
When you turn the rotary does it rub the ano? When you put it on did it scratch the body? I worry in case I decide to sell later. Thanks.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
You don't worry about rubbing the hds' finish- it's not jewelry, it's toolery!

:mad:

recDNA

Flashaholic
True that but some buyers prefer an unmarred finish. These days most of my flashlights are like rentals. I often sell them in order to pay for my next one.

JohnSmith

Enlightened
I'm LarryLove over on the other board. Here's how the Zebralight SC600 clip works:

When you turn the rotary does the clip rub against the ano?

The clip came very, very close the the rotary dial, but does not touch. Just to be safe, I installed an o-ring between the clip and the dial to give it a little breathing room to be sure there would be no contact.

I pulled the clip off my Zebralight to try it out, and it's not perfect but it worked so well I bought a couple extra from Zebralight for future use.

Last edited:

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
True that but some buyers prefer an unmarred finish. These days most of my flashlights are like rentals. I often sell them in order to pay for my next one.

Yeah ofc everyone does I think. Gl.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm LarryLove over on the other board. Here's how the Zebralight SC600 clip works:

The clip came very, very close the the rotary dial, but does not touch. Just to be safe, I installed an o-ring between the clip and the dial to give it a little breathing room to be sure there would be no contact.

I pulled the clip off my Zebralight to try it out, and it's not perfect but it worked so well I bought a couple extra from Zebralight for future use.
Thanks...yes I also saw your response over at cpfmp. Thanks. People should get over to cpfmp to check out your HDS. If I hadn't just bought one I would be all over it. That black bezel is really nice looking.

I find it interesting to hear about options other folks have chosen as well.

dannn

Newly Enlightened
I tried installing the clip from my clicky under the bezel of my rotary. It fits nicely and works pretty well.
I have the decorative pocket clip for my clicky thats $39 from HDS but I'm considering getting the regular one which is only $11 for my rotary and using it under the bezel.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I tried installing the clip from my clicky under the bezel of my rotary. It fits nicely and works pretty well.
I have the decorative pocket clip for my clicky thats $39 from HDS but I'm considering getting the regular one which is only $11 for my rotary and using it under the bezel.
Would you do me a huge favor and show a picture put together and one under the bezel view?

gunga

Flashaholic
Other clips are longer than the Moddoo. If you try to use any other clip in the bezel up configuration, it will not sit properly on the light as shown.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Other clips are longer than the Moddoo. If you try to use any other clip in the bezel up configuration, it will not sit properly on the light as shown.
I didn't mean Moddoo. I meant the reversible clip HDS sells for the rotary model. Over $50. No idea why. I do not think there is anyplace on the rotary model to screw in a Moddoo clip is there?

I actually prefer bezel down in my pocket and a clip that fits between the rotary and body with a ring. Next best is bezel up with clip the fits between bezel and body with a ring. . I worry that a push on friction clip is bound to strip ano when you force it on. Ive never had an HDS flashlight so I really don't know where a clip can go.

I know I once used a push on Fenix clip on another brand flashlight and when I put it on it totally stripped off ano and scratched the checkered texture below.

Last edited:

dannn

Newly Enlightened
Yea the universal pocket clip seems really inflated for what it is.

I think my clip was called the moddoo clip when I purchased my light so I think that's what gunga meant.

I just bought a jetbeam ba10 to take the pocket clip from but it didn't work too well but the protac clip seems like a good option.

I didn't mean Moddoo. I meant the reversible clip HDS sells for the rotary model. Over $50. No idea why. I do not think there is anyplace on the rotary model to screw in a Moddoo clip is there?

I actually prefer bezel down in my pocket and a clip that fits between the rotary and body with a ring. Next best is bezel up with clip the fits between bezel and body with a ring. . I worry that a push on friction clip is bound to strip ano when you force it on. Ive never had an HDS flashlight so I really don't know where a clip can go.

I know I once used a push on Fenix clip on another brand flashlight and when I put it on it totally stripped off ano and scratched the checkered texture below.

recDNA

Flashaholic
When you turn the rotary does the clip rotate? Any tips in installation bezel up like you did? Did you hve to remove any orings or anything? No directions given on website for bezel up installation. Thanks!

gunga

Flashaholic
You need to replace the oring around the front of the lens to take up the slack caused by the clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Latest posts