SF E2D Modding Advice needed...

Wildernesstech

Newly Enlightened
I have an old SureFire E2D that is sporting "another" blown bulb... I have really enjoyed this light, and while I will hide a few bulbs away, I wish to upgrade it to LED.

I know that I can simply purchase a SureFire KX2 head and be done with it, but that only changes it to LED with no other upgrades.

I am not an experienced modder, but I know that you guys are out there, so here goes:

What drop-ins are available for the E2D?

What would you do if this were your light?

Thanks,

David

Addicted to the light. Er... Lights!

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I did with my Surefire E2D incan:

I got a nice p60 head for my E2D incan. Kept the incan head and my last living bulb. Once you open that wonderful door, your E2D is your happy companion for life... or until you get separated. Getting the P60 head actually increased the amount of carry it saw. Mine is an Oveready, but there's more options out there than that.

I EDC it. It does bedside table duty. If you get sick of the P60 module in there, swap it! :)

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
You've got some options there is a company called Lumens Factory that makes High Output incand. bulbs for 6v and 7.2v if you want to use RCR123s
They sell the equivalent of a KX2 but that would change the look of your E2D

Then theres Tana, here on the Custom B/S/T he makes LED dropins
Its called a TNT SingLED

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, short of replacing the entire head, I think it's only Tana that makes a drop-in for the E-series. As you already know, the head has minimal available area to work with as opposed to a 6P-based head.

Of course, if you happen to own a lathe, you can do this:
20141011_165705.jpg

It's pretty much what Tana does, although I'm definitely a hack compared to his work

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
This link is what you need. Tana has some super nice products and services. You may want to shoot him a PM. Someone mentioned he wasn't feeling good the other day. So he may be a tad slow getting back.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...T-SingLED-modules-for-Surefire-incan-E-series

Or this, if you want to get extreme output:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...LED-Surefire-E-series-incan-bezel-mod-service

But yes, if you want a drop in LED upgrade, Tana's SingLEDs are the only game in town.

Wildernesstech

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Gang,

I shot Tana a PM, and liked what I saw... Now, I have to decide between drop-in offerings. I wish to keep the original head at its original size so that I can yet use a MN03 as an option. I have to take a better look at the options offered and make a choice!

David