A Different "Larry Light" pocket light

GaryM

Newly Enlightened
I've seen what are labeled "Larry Lights" in stores such as Batteries Plus marked as high as $20. Plastic body with some small LEDs in a row down one side. A friend has one and I've not been impressed with their brightness.

A while back I was at Menard's and saw this pack of two with smd LEDs on sale for $7.50. One even had batteries so you could try it out in the store. Pretty bright and a nice flood as there's really no reflector. Runs on AAA cells. There's a magnet on the pocket clip that will hold it to a steel surface as long as there's no vibration.

I've got one in each car and a few lying around the house as well.

Last edited:

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quite nice for $7.50. Do you know if there's some sort of power regulation on it ?

Norm

Retired Administrator
I've have a red one of these, for the money it's extremely handy when working in tight dark places.

Norm

GaryM

Newly Enlightened
I doubt there's any regulation at all. My neighbor was working inside his fireplace insert the other day and trying to use his Mag Charger light. Not too successful. I got one of these and just laid it on the floor of the firebox and it lit the inside quite nicely.