Radio shack deal of the week

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
Got a deal tonight

x2 16340 li-ions MSRP $17.99
x2 26650 li-ions MSRP $26.99
Several different ican bulbs for m*glites normally $2.99/3.99, reg parts LEDs. Thermal paste $12.00, so239 to sma coaxial pigtail (retail for that alone is $20)

Guess for how much ? Oh and I got a free big parts bin because there was no price and the guy was cool.

$17.00 out the door.
The whole store is 90% off. I went in there to get a fuse and left with a lot of stuff for pennies on the dollar. [emoji122]

e08b3c2ec31b0e7365ad0903174fce01.jpg

*that's Chase he was not included nor for sale :)

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I bought a couple of jumbo 20mm LEDs for .50 each (normally $4.99) and a package of U-Mold plastic (low temperature plastic pellets for molding) for half price. Very sad to see the stores closing though. Say what you will about Radio Shack but it's the end of an era.

ScottJD

Newly Enlightened
Yea, I also had a RadioShack recently close near me. I went in for something small and walked away with a 20a hobby Power Supply for $23, I think it was normally around 100 so I couldn't pass it up.
A few USB power banks for a few buck that had Samsung 2600mAh 18650 cells inside. Cheaper than the battery by its self. Even made a home made USB charger for the 18650 cells from the Circuit of one of the power banks.
$2 NiMh 4 bay charger and two 2100mAh batteries.
I was in on the %50 to %75 off time, but I missed the last weekend before they closed the door for the small parts left.
More chances may be coming soon now that they filed for bankruptcy, they may close more stores.

Scott

G. Scott H.

Enlightened
I loved RS as a kid back in the 70's and 80's. It was a poor geek's/nerd's paradise. After that, not so much. Still kinda sad to see them failing, but they lost me years ago, at the end of the Tandy era. :(

PJ

Enlightened
I picked up a 5 oz. can of Deoxit D5 and a can of the Gold series spray at 75% off at one store that closed today. There are a few stores in the metro Detroit area that are still open, 40 to 70% off.

Here is a list of things made for Radio Shack by CAIG industries, the maker of DEOXIT.

http://store.caig.com/s.nl/it.I/id.28/.f

Last edited:

ironhorse

Enlightened
He's a male. Rodney. He is a big beast. I call him the galute. I'll weigh him tonight.

What am I doing wrong that this pic won't display. I've read the instructions on how to do it and it still doesn't work for me. How did you get it to display?

Last edited:

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
He's a male. Rodney. He is a big beast. I call him the galute. I'll weigh him tonight.

What am I doing wrong that this pic won't display. I've read the instructions on how to do it and it still doesn't work for me. How did you get it to display?
I was at the hospital this morning, was able to view it fine. I use tapatalk the newer one. I was using the older version but started having small problems here and there on different forums. The picture def shows up fine here.

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
PDF of Radio Shack corporate memo of closures; the list is ordered by "tranches"/waves, with the first being nearly 200 stores long - these are scheduled to close by/on February 17th. Second and third waves are to close before March 31st.

My local RS is in the second wave, I got a $60 Fitbit for $30..

I can't tell whether the Gurnee Mills store in Gurnee, IL closes on Feb 17th or around March 31st. I was hoping to check them out before they close down.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I called my local store a d was surprised and pleased they are still in business. I asked if everything was on sale. Salesman said no everything is normal. I said I saw on the news all the stores would go under or become Sprint stores and he calmly said no we're not going anywhere. Weird

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I can't tell whether the Gurnee Mills store in Gurnee, IL closes on Feb 17th or around March 31st. I was hoping to check them out before they close down.

Go soon and often, my nearby stores are on the second wave and were already completely picked over as of last week.

I called my local store a d was surprised and pleased they are still in business. I asked if everything was on sale. Salesman said no everything is normal. I said I saw on the news all the stores would go under or become Sprint stores and he calmly said no we're not going anywhere. Weird

Check the list, there will be some stores left untouched. If I remember correctly, Alaska is keeping all their locations.

MidnightDistortions

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go soon and often, my nearby stores are on the second wave and were already completely picked over as of last week.

Ah Thanks :), i probably won't get much of anything good but i could use some AA/AAA battery holders (for packs) for some experiments. The Gurnee Mills one probably sold most of everything useful.

Yeah i think the news might of either got some details wrong or Radioshack has gone under but they'll just close majority of their stores. I got at least 4 of them in my area, 2 of them are on that list. I gotta look up one of them but hopefully i can get some good stuff from all that.

Latest posts