Anonymous

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Is it just me, or is there an unusual number of "anonymous" viewers of CPF tonight? Glad to have them of course, and I hope that they join CPF.

Bill

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the ratio has dropped and more members 3:2 than anonymous. Maybe they are signing up. It's quick, easy and you can make up a silly moniker.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do registered users who browse the board in "invisible" mode show as "anonymous" or do they just not show up at all in the numbers?

Peter

Saaby

Flashaholic
They just don't show up, to you anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
Hmmm... I'll have to test that out. I thought that they showed up in the numbers but when you click on "Who's Online", they don't show up? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
Ok... I went on my husband's computer... he doesn't have my powers... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif ... and I found that the number of invisible users online IS reflected in the numbers shown at the bottom of the Main Index page. And what's really kind of odd is that it is reflected at the top of the list on the "Who's Online" page as well. But if you actually count the number of registered users online, it will not match what the number is at the top of the list or on the front page.

So in conclusion... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ... The numbers indicated are correct and include every user browsing the board at that time... invisible or not. But the "Who's Online" page only shows users who are not in invisible mode.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
i never knew about the "who's online" feature.

pretty neat.

why would anyone want to be "invisible"?

maybe someone famous is browsing!

Bob