JETbeam RRT-01 1000 Lumens?

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
My used rrt01 I just got today out shines my 1000 lumen triple p60 drop in.

When I say outshines I mean its overall Brighter.
It's also brighter than the eye 15 I have. It came with a cr123 which is weak, so am using a 16340 700mAh 4.2v

ragnarok164

Newly Enlightened
No, not 1000 lumens. You will get around 650 lumen with a lMR 16340. The EYE15 is around 500 lumen. Also your triple P60 is much more floody than the RRT-01. Shine the lights up at the ceiling while looking at the floor. You should be able to see which one is brighter that way.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, not 1000 lumens. You will get around 650 lumen with a lMR 16340. The EYE15 is around 500 lumen. Also your triple P60 is much more floody than the RRT-01. Shine the lights up at the ceiling while looking at the floor. You should be able to see which one is brighter that way.

Agreed.

If you just look at the hotspots the EYE15 may look brighter because it has a bigger reflector. That means it has more lux and throws further.

However, brightness is usually considered to be the overall amount of light produced. That's measured in lumens. Small triples have very small reflectors. They produce lots of lumens and are very floody. They'll illuminate a wider area, but don't throw as well as a throwy light.

To compare brightness, you need to look at the overall lumens of each light. Do the "ceiling bounce" test described in the last post. Hold each light above your head. Turn one on and shine it at the ceiling. While it is on look at an object on the FLOOR below the light. The light's hotspot on the ceiling should not be in your field of view at all... you're trying to measure the diffuse bounced light. Then immediately turn it off and repeat with the other light. Your 1000 triple should make your shoes look noticeably brighter than the EYE15.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good on you for discovering the RCR (16340). Jetbeam says that with a standard CR123 the max is 220 lumens so if youve just simply been using a CR123 then yes the near 400 lumen jump you get with an RCR is gonna seem pretty drastic. You may get even more with an IMR 16340 but I wouldnt want to risk blowing the emitter of such a nice light. Just getting into IMR now myself. As much as I like P60 drop ins I would be surprised if your triple actually broke 800 lumens. Most P60 drop ins Ive seen have been overrated to a good degree but hey thats my experience.

Man the RRT-01 is a VERY nice little light! Enjoy that RCR jump!

Mr. Nobody

Enlightened
Agreed.

If you just look at the hotspots the EYE15 may look brighter because it has a bigger reflector. That means it has more lux and throws further.

However, brightness is usually considered to be the overall amount of light produced. That's measured in lumens. Small triples have very small reflectors. They produce lots of lumens and are very floody. They'll illuminate a wider area, but don't throw as well as a throwy light.

To compare brightness, you need to look at the overall lumens of each light. Do the "ceiling bounce" test described in the last post. Hold each light above your head. Turn one on and shine it at the ceiling. While it is on look at an object on the FLOOR below the light. The light's hotspot on the ceiling should not be in your field of view at all... you're trying to measure the diffuse bounced light. Then immediately turn it off and repeat with the other light. Your 1000 triple should make your shoes look noticeably brighter than the EYE15.
Thanks for that info. Its actually the rrt-01 that looks brighter then the other two lights with the same batteries and voltages. I was going by the hot spot not reflect but will def try that now :)