Holster for CMG Reactor 2 or 3?

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
Gave my father a CMG Reactor 2 for xmas, and he loves it. it replaced his 2aa m*glight so you can understand...

At any rate, seams like the whole group he works with wants to switch from their 2aa m*glights to a CMG Reactor 2 or 3...they just need holsters...

What is a good nylon or even kydex sheath for the Reactor?

JJHitt

Enlightened
Yeah... It balances when laid flat and sort of compensates for the oversided head of the Reactor. Keeps it from rolling, as well.

LightScene

Enlightened
JJ, Do you know if the Nit-ize Lite-Lok will hold an Arc w/2AA pack securely?

JJHitt

Enlightened
I can let you know this evening. I've got the 2AA pack in my back pocket (it lives there) and the clip is at home.

The Reactor III isn't immune to switch problems either. I fixed mine up with a shot of silicone spray. (And I wish I knew WHY that worked. I didn't expect it to, but it did.)

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
hahaha
maybe i should try something like that.. 'cause i'm THIS close to mailing it (original Reactor) to CMG to request a replacement.. i can't turn it on @ all anymore without it flickering, or settling on an output that isn't as bright as it SHOULD be.

think they'd replace it even tho i got this from Kevin on a CPF special? ($15 Reactors shipped no fluff)

LightScene

Enlightened
Blinded - they don't ask any questions. Just get the address and instructions off their web site and mail it in. They'll replace it. Your new one will probably have a different beam color. I say that because I liked my original beam better, but the new one is whiter towards purple. Good luck.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
As long as the one you get doesn't have that characteristic "rotten cat urine green" color, like this:

reactor3.jpg

you should be quite satisfied with it.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif :toliet: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LightScene

Enlightened
I just looked at The LED Museum review, and have this comment. The switch on my new Reactor 3 has detentes for both "On" and "Off". There is no way it could come on accidentally. In fact, I have to use 2 hands to turn it on. I can't even come *close* to turning it on with one hand. This can be quite annoying, because it means you have to stop and put down whatever you are carrying in order to turn the light on.

On another note: I found a curious way of carrying the Reactor 3 with no hands. Stick it in the junction of your neck and shoulder, and put the barrel under your shirt. It holds pretty securely and generally points forward and down a bit. It would be best to have it on a lanyard for safety.

JJHitt

Enlightened
LightScene: Yes, the LiteLok does hold the 2AA tube, but it's too large for me to think they go well together.

In general, most accessories for the MiniMag will fit the 2AA tube without a problem.

LightScene

Enlightened
Thanks JJ. Since I have a Reactor 3 and an Arc 2AA, I might go ahead and get it, even if it's not perfect for the Arc. It's sometimes real nice to have your flashlight working while your using both hands to carry things.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about the leather minimag holder from Mag?? I have been thinking about trying that with my 2AA lights. It is a tube, so should work with the 3AA version of the Reactor.

Maybe Ripoffs has something for them.

The minimag holders with flap over head of light don't work with the Reactor, as the head is way too long. The leather one has no flap.

LightScene

Enlightened
The Reactor 3 is a great light. I could have bought the LGI that was for sale yesterday for $40, but I would actually rather own the Reactor 3, because it's just so useful.