18650BE in uk

aribach

Newly Enlightened
I live in the uk, and wondering where's the best place to get my batteries from?
I'm after some 18650BE button top for my Tm06.
Thanks.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think your going to find the BE cell with a button top unless someone contracted the button installation.

I soldered a set of magnets to the positive terminals in the tail cap. I used rare earth magnets 5mm in diameter x 1.5 thick. They are found on eBay. The magnets are nickel plated and once tinned lose their magnetism. You need a higher powered iron so that when you solder to the terminals you only need a couple of seconds to liquify the solder.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
TBH I'd just go with efests. Easy to get on ebay and have delivered in a day or two in the UK.

Go for the 3100's for longer runtime or the 30A 2500's if not (do you need button top ones?).

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
TBH I'd just go with efests. Easy to get on ebay and have delivered in a day or two in the UK.

Go for the 3100's for longer runtime or the 30A 2500's if not (do you need button top ones?).

The forward end of the TM06 has a raised button for the two positive contacts, and two coiled springs for the negative contacts. The tail cap contacts have the two coiled springs for the negative contacts and two flat locations on the printed circuit board for the positive contacts.

You either need button top cells or a means of creating a raised contact on the circuit board. Vinh has mentioned that on a few of the TM06 lights he has used a blob of solder to make a raised contact. It works.

I found that soldering the magnets in place on the tail cap allowed for a larger contact area for using flat topped batteries.

The Panasonic 18650BE cell besides being a supposed safer chemistry are rated @ 3200mAh and rated for a 10 amp constant discharge.

hazza

Newly Enlightened
+1 recommendation for ecoluxshop

If you can't get BE, BD are very similar; 3200mAh hybrid chemistry rated for 10A continuous.