Predator / Predator Pro. Tactical lights.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
All Armytek Predator discussions in one place.

You are welcome.

Predator v.2.5 & Predator Pro v.2.5
predator.jpg

• [*=left]Incredibly bright — 670 lumens, and far-throwing light up to 400 m: the highest beam distance among flashlights of its size
    [*=left]Tried & True durability — stands up a fall from the 10th floor and direct shot with Magnum shells at the flashlight
    [*=left]Distinct hotspot and minimal spill for directed aim illumination
    [*=left]Compatibility with original accessories for underbarrel application
    [*=left]Easy operation and 4 perfectly selected modes for multi-purpose use
    [*=left]Effective electronics protection enables to stand the recoil of any hunting weapon
    [*=left]Regular: Long runtimes in all brightness modes — from 3 to 155 hours
    [*=left]Pro: Strobe for blinding the enemy, SOS and Beacon for life-saving, Firefly mode for emergent situations (4 months of light with 1 battery)

Predator Pro v.3 & Predator Pro v.3

Predator_v3-0003_400.jpg

Extreme Beam Distance
Due to Long-Range Optics Technology even with a compact-size reflector your target is detectable at 450 meters distance.
Distinct hotspot and minimal spill guarantee directed aim illumination. New XB-H LED provides impressive brightness 700 lumens.

Constant Ultra bright Light
Pro: Due to FLAT Runtime Technology the brightness remains constant even in -25⁰C frost and with almost discharged batteries.
Even in Maximal mode the brightness is the same for the whole operation time.

Designed for Weapon Mounting
Standard 1" body diameter matches up with most weapon mounts. Reliable body, red/green/blue filters and original remote switches
for comfortable Hunting and secure Military application. No failures while shooting.

Light-weight, durable & waterproof
Made of aircraft-grade aluminium using the Slim Profile Technology in combination with functional ergonomic design.
Guaranteed durability — stands up the recoil of any gun gauge and falling from 30 meters height. The flashlight works for more than 5 hours at 50 meters depth.

Up to 4 months of Constant Light
Pro:Record runtime with 1x18650 Li-Ion battery due to the Firefly Technology. Compatible both with rechargeable 18650 Li-Ion and non-rechargeable CR123A batteries.

Armytek
Tactical Lights

Last edited:

Dubois

Enlightened
Re: Predator/Predator Pro. Tactical flashlights

How soon will dealers receive the v.3 ?

Will there be a v3? Armytek's recent email suggested that the Predator series was being discontinued.

Dubois

Enlightened

Ah, thanks for that. AT's latest email to me said:

"And the last chance to get a tried-and-true flashlights you know and always wanted to have is to make a preorder right now. There's no time to hesitate! Don't miss an opportunity to get a unique and famous Armytek Predator Pro or Viking Pro – the only fully programmable lights! (yes, you've got it right – they are the last of this kind)."

This kinda suggested that Predator & Viking were no more. Frankly, I'd be slightly pissed if I'd ordered a v2.5, only for the new version to turn up. Mind you, the v3 could take some time.

mellowhead

Enlightened

The v3.0's will all lose programmability. If the programmability is important to you, then definitely jump on the 2.5's while they're still available.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ummm.... Armytek... that really sucks. :( This is the opposite of our Armytek dream thread that included complex programmability.
You can quote me on that.

Last edited:

C.M.S

Newly Enlightened

Definetly on my "must have" list :thumbsup:

recDNA

Flashaholic

I don't care. I have my 2.5 pro and I'm very happy with it. Seems like it will last a long time

ArmyTek

Enlightened

You're all right. The new Predator v.3 will be soon released. We are hoping that it will be available for sale by the middle or end of March.
There will be no programmable modes in Predator Pro v.3. We understand that it was one of the most specific Predator features for flashlights' enthusiasts that's why we had this message in our last promotion. But during all the years that have passed after the first Predator appeared we've collected our customers' feedback and it showed that only about 2% of owners use the programming to set their own modes...Furthermore the presence of Menu caused difficulties in operation for many users. So after dicsussion we've decided to simplify Predator's operation to make it more "marketable".

So if you want to get a fully programmable light by Armytek - take a chance to order v.2.5 (as in a few days it will be removed from our store).

Norm

Retired Administrator
Re: Predator Pro 2.5 & Earlier - Full Instruction Manual / Programming Guide

Why not link directly?

predatorguidepxv122c.jpg

Manual

Your post as it stands is in direct violation of rule 9 DO NOT post a thread whose sole purpose is to link to or refer to another thread on the board,

Norm

Last edited:

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast

You're all right. The new Predator v.3 will be soon released. We are hoping that it will be available for sale by the middle or end of March.
There will be no programmable modes in Predator Pro v.3. We understand that it was one of the most specific Predator features for flashlights' enthusiasts that's why we had this message in our last promotion. But during all the years that have passed after the first Predator appeared we've collected our customers' feedback and it showed that only about 2% of owners use the programming to set their own modes...Furthermore the presence of Menu caused difficulties in operation for many users. So after dicsussion we've decided to simplify Predator's operation to make it more "marketable".

So if you want to get a fully programmable light by Armytek - take a chance to order v.2.5 (as in a few days it will be removed from our store).

I understand the very sensible reasons for this change (and 2% of the market does not justify the cost/complexity), but I do feel this is a real loss. Those of us with Programmable Predators and Vikings will just have to treasure them all the more.

Curious to see the mode options in the Predator V3. Will it have a limited number of mode sets that can easily be activated (like the Streamlight ten-tap programming)?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is the v3 available for pre order? Looks like quite the beast.

wjv

Enlightened

So it looks like the regular version will have longer run times because it steps down (STEP regulation), and the Pro version will have a shorter run time because it is fully regulated (FULL Regulation) and gives max power till the battery dies.

Nothing on their site (that I could see) says what the various modes are. . .
But my V2.5 is: 6, 70, 200, 670 LED lumens.
Looks like the V3 is only marginally brighter at 700 LED lumens.

Run times on max look the same, but CD went from 40K to 51K. . Hence the extra 50 meters of throw.
I'm guessing they tweaked the reflector to give more throw because I can't see 30 extra lumens adding 50 meters!

For my purposes I prefer the longer run times with teh DTEP regulation. But I can see why some people might prefer the FULL regulation.

Last edited:

Phlogiston

Enlightened

ArmyTek

Enlightened

Is the v3 available for pre order? Looks like quite the beast.

Don`t worry, we will have an unlimited edition of v3, so you will buy it. :)

There is one more options for the products which are out-of-stock: now it is possible to request to be notified when the product is back in stock.
Please choose the product which is out-of-stock and check the box "Notify me when this product is back in stock".

Curious to see the mode options in the Predator V3. Will it have a limited number of mode sets that can easily be activated (like the Streamlight ten-tap programming)?

No. :)

mellowhead

Enlightened

It's not quite as versatile as the Armytek programmability, but Vinh Nguyen does a programmable driver for some of his light mods:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?396548-DriverVN-A-User-Programmable-Circuit!

I was looking at that just yesterday. Definitely a cool driver and I may get one to play with, but I don't think it quite stacks up against the Pro v2.5 driver. And I don't know of any empty hosts that are as beastly as the Predators/Vikings - with their heavy construction and double o-rings, the extra plate on the tailcap spring... They were a tremendous value for what they cost.

Reeve

Newly Enlightened
is there any information regarding the method that will be used to cycle through the different modes on the v3? will we still be able to select full power without powering the light on? or will we have to use the tail button to cycle through the modes and make sure we switch it off on full power if we want full power next time we power on?