Prime / Prime Pro. Every Day Carry Lights.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
All Armytek Prime discussions in one place.

You are welcome.
Armytek Prime & Prime Pro

image.jpg
image.jpg

Impressive brightness and special TIR-optics
Incredible light brightness up to 1050 lumens and beam distance up to 188 meters. TIR-optics provides not only comfortable wide light, but also suits for distant application.
What is more, you won't have an effect of «tunnel vision» even after continuous use. It means you get light without sharp edges, which doesn't cause headaches.

Durable reliable body
Ultra protection from scratches, harsh impacts and fallings from 10 meter height.
Owing to advanced durability of construction the flashlight easily stands up to any mechanical impacts with no losses in functionality.

Compact and light-weight
Compact size and small weight of flashlights with such brightness are perfect for constant carrying in the bag, pocket or on the belt.
The flashlight won't burden you or create additional weight. Y ou can put it into the pocket or fix on your clothes with the help of a removable clip.

Various brightness modes and easy operation
Perfectly selected brightness modes and simple operation by side switch button for comfortable everyday use in various situations.

Absolute water resistance
T otal water resistance, which completely protects the flashlight from rain, dirt and dust penetration.
Water won't leak into the flashlight even during submersion at the depth of 10 meters.

2 versions – PRO and Regular
PRO – constant brightness in Maximal mode even with almost discharged battery, removable magnet in the tailcap for attaching to iron surfaces.
Regular version provides simple operation and longer runtime in Maximal mode.

Armytek Every Day Carry Lights

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Re: Prime/Prime Pro. Outdoor & Camping flashlights

Hello. Ahhh, still has that new subforum smell in here. ;)

I am trying to figure out the exact differences between standard and pro models. It looks like the Pro has a couple extra modes, the ability to save individual user settings, multicolor led indication (not exactly sure how those differ, don't they both have voltage indicator?) and it has a lanyard attachment and tail magnet. Do I have it right?

kj2

Flashaholic

I am trying to figure out the exact differences between standard and pro models. It looks like the Pro has a couple extra modes, the ability to save individual user settings, multicolor led indication (not exactly sure how those differ, don't they both have voltage indicator?) and it has a lanyard attachment and tail magnet. Do I have it right?
http://www.armytek.com/index.php?dispatch=product_features.compare

GunnarGG

Enlightened

Asked about this on CPFMP also but since no reply maybe this is the right place to ask now.

I got the Prime C2 , non Pro model.
The modes / UI suits me fine, don't think I need or want the pro model.

The thing I'm wondering about is the low battery indicator.

When it started to indicate low battery by blinking the battery measured 3.21 V, after a little rest it went up to 3.3 V
At that time there was no difference between Main 2 and main 3, (maybe it was even down to main 1 but I have forgot.)

I put the battery back and switched on again and after 5-10 minutes it stepped down to firefly.
The battery then measured 3.11 V and rised to 3.20 after rest.

This means that once I get an indication from the light that the battery is low there isn't more than 1 or 2 % left of the juice.

The battery indicator is according to the manual supposed to start indicate when the battery level is <25 %.

What is it that triggers the indicator to start blink, a specific voltage? If so, what voltage?

Any explanation for this from ArmyTek or any experience from other users?

Btw it's an Eagletac 3400 mAh battery I'm using and it works well in this and other lights.

GunnarGG

Enlightened

Still haven't got any answer to this so I give it a new try.

@ArmyTek:

How does the battery indicator work?
Is it the voltage of the cell that the light measures and then decides when it's time to indicate low batt?

On my Prime C2 I got the indication very late, when the battery was almost empty and so I would like to know if it's my particular light that indicates late or if all Prime C2 ( and maybe also Pro models and Wizards) are like this.

Maybe there is a difference between different brands of li ion but the cell I'm using (Eagletac 3400) is pretty new and works well otherwise.
I have a couple of AW also and I will try to drain them also in this light.

Thanks

ArmyTek

Enlightened

Yes, you have it right =)

Pro model has:
- More modes and different UI which provides quick access to any Mode Section.
- A magnet and a lanyard
- Multi-color state and warning indication
- The ability to set the power source used

In Regular version there's no color LED and Low battery & High temperature are indicated only at Warning and Critical levels (for temperature - only critical) by the Main LED.

Both versions memorize the last used mode.

ArmyTek

Enlightened

Asked about this on CPFMP also but since no reply maybe this is the right place to ask now.

This means that once I get an indication from the light that the battery is low there isn't more than 1 or 2 % left of the juice.

The battery indicator is according to the manual supposed to start indicate when the battery level is <25 %.

What is it that triggers the indicator to start blink, a specific voltage? If so, what voltage?

Any explanation for this from ArmyTek or any experience from other users?

Btw it's an Eagletac 3400 mAh battery I'm using and it works well in this and other lights.

Sorry for the delay with answering. I've send the inquiry to our engineers and will answer you as soon I get the onformation.

nbp

Flashaholic

Yes, you have it right =)

Pro model has:
- More modes and different UI which provides quick access to any Mode Section.
- A magnet and a lanyard
- Multi-color state and warning indication
- The ability to set the power source used

In Regular version there's no color LED and Low battery & High temperature are indicated only at Warning and Critical levels (for temperature - only critical) by the Main LED.

Both versions memorize the last used mode.

Ok, thank you for your response. With regard to the bolded statement, both models can accept both primaries and li-ion batteries though, right?

ArmyTek

Enlightened

Still haven't got any answer to this so I give it a new try.

@ArmyTek:

How does the battery indicator work?
Is it the voltage of the cell that the light measures and then decides when it's time to indicate low batt?

On my Prime C2 I got the indication very late, when the battery was almost empty and so I would like to know if it's my particular light that indicates late or if all Prime C2 ( and maybe also Pro models and Wizards) are like this.

Maybe there is a difference between different brands of li ion but the cell I'm using (Eagletac 3400) is pretty new and works well otherwise.
I have a couple of AW also and I will try to drain them also in this light.

Thanks

First of all I'd like to explain one more time - the voltage indicated by a voltmeter is always different from the voltage of the battery in the WORKING FLASHLIGHT. And also inside the flashlight you'll have different voltage indicated depending on the mode. It means that the values you get in the voltmeter always differ from those indicated in the device.

Besides there're also other factors that influence the warning & critical indication, that's why the time that may pass between these two levels can differ. The standard deviation is attributable to the peculiarities of the battery used: it's brend, maximal voltage and capacity, "age" and, of course, the PCB circuit in protected batteries (we can't predict how it will work and influence the parameters preset in the flashlight's driver).

Assuming this I can say with a great percent of certainty that the behaviour of your light is not abnormal or defective. I'm pretty sure that if you try using different batteries you'll get different time measurements between warning and critical indication in each case.

ArmyTek

Enlightened

With regard to the bolded statement, both models can accept both primaries and li-ion batteries though, right?

Yes, you're right. In both models you can use Li-Ion batteries (18650 / 18350 / 16400) and primaries. But I should say that we don't recommend to use CR123 batteries for often and continuos operation, especially in Max mode (as the high temperature can damage unprotected primary cells and cause a shortcut even). We'd recommend to use 18650 rechargeables or 18350s (if you prefer smaller baterries) because of their higher capacity that will provide you with longer runtimes in all modes =)

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is really nice. "Removable clip"? I hope one day they are screw on. Example: like a knife I can swap it from one end to the other. Like tail up or bezel up carry by removing screws. That would be the ultimate clip!

I camp and hunt alot! While doing those activities, I like to carry lights that use common AA (Tiara) or AAA cells. This is also due the size of the lights? Does ArmyTek plan to make any AAA cell lights? With some pointers you folks could likely build one of the best EDC AAA lights in the world. It would even come with a twisty mode or tail stand clicky, removable screwed on clip, with choice of beam tints, user programmable UI. :)

I am still waiting on my first Armytek light. I ordered a Tiara C1 Pro a few days ago. I needed to replace my CR123 headlamp, so I am looking forward to trying this light out. If I like it, I plan to order AA Tiara to camp with. I would love to see a AAA version one day.

Wuyang

Newly Enlightened

Just received my prime pro warm today...a birthday present...lucky me.

It fits the hand lovely and has a great solid feel to it. The tint is lovely.

I was a bit surprised to see a few things stuck to the reflector and light smears....maybe I'm been picky, but I wasn't expecting it......is it normal to get the odd thing stuck to the reflector?

Im unfamiliar with its ability to save individuals user settings and didn't find anything in the pdf manual unless I've overlooked it......could anyone enlighten me.

Very nice.

ArmyTek

Enlightened

This is really nice. "Removable clip"? I hope one day they are screw on. Example: like a knife I can swap it from one end to the other. Like tail up or bezel up carry by removing screws. That would be the ultimate clip!

At the moment we do not plan to change clips for some technical peculiarities: to make unscrewable clip we'll need to do more thick bodies and this will make the lights heavier...
By the way - in your new Tiara you'll be able to chnge the clip direction)

I camp and hunt alot! While doing those activities, I like to carry lights that use common AA (Tiara) or AAA cells. This is also due the size of the lights? Does ArmyTek plan to make any AAA cell lights? With some pointers you folks could likely build one of the best EDC AAA lights in the world. It would even come with a twisty mode or tail stand clicky, removable screwed on clip, with choice of beam tints, user programmable UI. :)

I am still waiting on my first Armytek light. I ordered a Tiara C1 Pro a few days ago. I needed to replace my CR123 headlamp, so I am looking forward to trying this light out. If I like it, I plan to order AA Tiara to camp with. I would love to see a AAA version one day.

Hope you'll like the light!
We plan to produce an AAA keychain light. But I think it would be released only in 3-4 quater of 2015=)

ArmyTek

Enlightened

Just received my prime pro warm today...a birthday present...lucky me.

It fits the hand lovely and has a great solid feel to it. The tint is lovely.

I was a bit surprised to see a few things stuck to the reflector and light smears....maybe I'm been picky, but I wasn't expecting it......is it normal to get the odd thing stuck to the reflector?

Im unfamiliar with its ability to save individuals user settings and didn't find anything in the pdf manual unless I've overlooked it......could anyone enlighten me.

Very nice.

Thank you for the feedback! =)
As for the things stuck to the reflector - please contact our service departnent at [email protected] and send a photo of what you are talking about - it will help us a lot =)

By saving user settings is meant the ability to memorize the type of the power source (if it was changed from the default one). In Prime Pro C2 you can also switch on/off state indication - and it will be also memorized. These are the only settings you can change in Prime Pro and they are saved even after the battery is replaced =)

nbp

Flashaholic

Just ordered a Prime C1 Warm. I'm interested to see what the Armytek fuss is all about. ;)

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've got my eye on a Prime Pro C1 warm. It shows out of stock, any estimate when they'll be back in stock?

Wuyang

Newly Enlightened

Hi, thanks for your reply I will do that..........just to show you what I mean,,, Below....cheers

imagejpeg

ArmyTek

Enlightened

I've got my eye on a Prime Pro C1 warm. It shows out of stock, any estimate when they'll be back in stock?

You are right, Prime Pro C1 (Warm) isn`t in stock now.
There is one more options for the products which are out-of-stock: now it is possible to request to be notified when the product is back in stock.
Please choose the product which is out-of-stock and check the box "Notify me when this product is back in stock".