Tiara / Tiara Pro. Multi-flashlights

ArmyTek

Enlightened
All Armytek Tiara discussions in one place.

You are welcome.

Armytek Tiara A1 Pro v.2 XM-L2

armytek_tiara_a1_pro_3_400.jpg
tiara_a1_3_400.jpg

2 versions: Pro and Regular
Pro – constant light brightness regardless of low battery voltage, advanced operation and a removable tailcap with magnet for fixation on iron surfaces.
Regular version is notable for easier operation.

Incredible brightness for the flashlights of such size
Effective electronics enables to get unbelievable 370 lumens brightness running only on one power source, saving compact sizes of the flashlight.
Tiara A1 – the brightest headlamp on the most widespread AA battery, Tiara C1 – the smallest headlamp on CR123A battery.

Well thought -out body ergonomics and reliable mount
Solid body without long wires, weak rubber connectors and unnecessary boxes provides fail-safe flashlight operation even in extreme conditions.
Comfortable headband for reliable fixation on the head and convenient continuous usage.

Wide flood light 70:120
Effective TIR-optics with wide light angle 70:120 for even area illumination at the distance up to 65 meters and no effect of «tunnel vision» even during continuous use of the flashlight.

Easy operation by side switch
Side switch on the head for quick and easy one-hand operation, without shifting the flashlight in the headband.

Armytek Multi-flashlights

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the 3rd page of the PDF user manual of Tiara Pro V2 there is a section called "Specifying the battery type for correct voltage indication".

1) However the V2 models don't have a voltage indicator anymore, so why must the user specify the battery type?

2) And once specified, will this 'battery type user specification' be stored/memorized permanently by the flashlight even after battery replacements of the same kind, e.g. depleted RCR123 -> new RCR123 -> depleted RCR123 -> recharged RCR123 -> etc, or does the user have to re-specify the battery type after every battery replacement, i.e. after temporarily breaking the circuit by screwing off the tailcap?

I am asking very good questions here! :nana:

Gaffle

Enlightened
I ordered myself a Tiara A1 Pro yesterday. Super pumped to get this new light. Some 14500s are also on the way.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
On the 3rd page of the PDF user manual of Tiara Pro V2 there is a section called "Specifying the battery type for correct voltage indication".

1) However the V2 models don't have a voltage indicator anymore, so why must the user specify the battery type?

2) And once specified, will this 'battery type user specification' be stored/memorized permanently by the flashlight even after battery replacements of the same kind, e.g. depleted RCR123 -> new RCR123 -> depleted RCR123 -> recharged RCR123 -> etc, or does the user have to re-specify the battery type after every battery replacement, i.e. after temporarily breaking the circuit by screwing off the tailcap?

I am asking very good questions here! :nana:

Thank you for your good questions! :)

1. Yes, but it has low voltage indication. And it will be correct, if you specify the battery type.

2. Yes, it is preserved, even when you change the battery type.

Gaffle

Enlightened
Holy Crap!!! Anxiously awaiting my A1 Pro. Ordered it on Feb 28th and as far as I can tell it is still in China. I have my 14500s all charged and ready for fun. A1 needs to get here!

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Holy Crap!!! Anxiously awaiting my A1 Pro. Ordered it on Feb 28th and as far as I can tell it is still in China. I have my 14500s all charged and ready for fun. A1 needs to get here!

Hi, Gaffle! Thank you for your post here. :)

We were not able to ship any orders on February 14-28, 2015, so our logistician started work after that. Don`t worry, you will receive your flashlight and hope you will enjoy it!

Gaffle

Enlightened
When I was reading the manual it stated that you didn't have to set the battery type as long as you were using protected batteries. Yes or no? I will run 14500s most of the time so should I specify the battery?

ArmyTek

Enlightened
When I was reading the manual it stated that you didn't have to set the battery type as long as you were using protected batteries. Yes or no? I will run 14500s most of the time so should I specify the battery?

Hi!
By default - AA battery. So it will be better if you choose the battery type.
The power source is protected, so nothing will happen with it. But for correct work it is better to specify the battery.

Gaffle

Enlightened
So what happens if I set my tiara for the 14500 battery type and I am in a situation where I need to use a NiMH? Will the light not work because of the voltage difference?

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
If you look at your flashlight you will see the specification for voltage. I believe the current spec. for ther Tiara A1 Pro is 0.8 - 4.2v. This is the standard setting and is recommended, as specified in the manual, for general use with all batteries including Protected 14500's , alkaline, and Eneloop NiMH formats. The issue is not with the design of the flashlight driver but rather the wide range of battery chemistries and voltage ranges available in the marketplace. Armytek is far ahead of every other manufacturer with regards to giving you the greatest options and best performance given all of these choices. Rechargeable Lithium ion batteries have a minimum lower cut off voltage of about 2.5v. Going lower will destroy the battery and it is dangerous to do. So, if you use protected batteries the protection circuit on the battery will cut the circuit at the minimum level. This way, the standard setting of the Tiara which drops down to 0.8V will not be controlling the cut off point. This way, you can safely use all alkaline (1.5V) and Eneloop batteries (1.2V) with this one setting and never worry about resetting the flashlight every time you change to a different battery. The problem is, one circuit cannot compensate for all the different batteries available. They all work but not to their full potential. Armytek has gone one step further by offering you a special, separate, circuit for using unprotected batteries. Since the battery can not longer take care of itself with this setting the flashlight driver will step in and cut off the current at the minimum specified voltage. Likely this cut off point is somewhere around 2.5-2.7V. So as you can see, this is higher than the nominal cell voltages for both the Alkaline and HIMH batteries (1.5 and 1.2V respectively). Running a protection circuit simultaneously on both the battery and the flashlight driver works, and most manufacturers do this to save money. But it is not an efficient design. So Armytek has provided a built in this option for the users benefit. So if you are using unprotected batteries set it at the special setting and you will get the best performance possible. When switching to Envelops learn the few simple steps and reset the light back to the normal setting. It takes about 10 seconds to do.
Cheers,

ArmyTek

Enlightened
So what happens if I set my tiara for the 14500 battery type and I am in a situation where I need to use a NiMH? Will the light not work because of the voltage difference?

The flashlight will work with interruptions. It will be better to use a recommended power source. If you have a pro version and you use 14500s, you should choose the battery type in menu.

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thermal protection kicks in or malfunction?

Uxorious

Newly Enlightened
Armytek Tiara C1 Pro v2's UI Bug or my misunderstanding?

Hi Armytek, first of all, I must said that the shipping efficiency is really outstanding. (by FedEX)
I re-post this contents from Headlamps thread:

Just got my first two flashlight from Armytek but feel quite frustrated.
The magnet came with the Armytek C1 Pro (maybe called V1?) with 90CRI already has peeling surface,
I think it will get rust quite soon and also gave the flashlight a scratch on it.
Maybe this one is just because my bad luck......:ohgeez:

But talking about the Armytek Tiara C1 Pro v2, I found a bug that's really annoying.
Following the steps list below:

1. Double click to turn on in Main section, press and hold to go to the highest Main3 mode, and single click to turn it off.
2. Press and hold the button to go to the firefly1 mode, and single click to turn it off.
3. Double click to go back to the Main section, it just go to the "Main1" mode instead of "Main3" mode that should be memorized.
4. In Step 2, after you press and hold the button and go into the firefly1 mode, double click right behind to go into the main section,
and you also go into the "Main1" mode instead of "Main3" mode which should be memorized.

Do I missed something in the manual or this is a real bug about the UI ?
Sorry for my poor English and hope everyone who own this flashlight can give you comments.

Thanks for your help !!

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Armytek Tiara C1 Pro v2's UI Bug or my misunderstanding?

Hi Armytek, first of all, I must said that the shipping efficiency is really outstanding. (by FedEX)
I re-post this contents from Headlamps thread:

Just got my first two flashlight from Armytek but feel quite frustrated.
The magnet came with the Armytek C1 Pro (maybe called V1?) with 90CRI already has peeling surface,
I think it will get rust quite soon and also gave the flashlight a scratch on it.
Maybe this one is just because my bad luck......:ohgeez:

But talking about the Armytek Tiara C1 Pro v2, I found a bug that's really annoying.
Following the steps list below:

1. Double click to turn on in Main section, press and hold to go to the highest Main3 mode, and single click to turn it off.
2. Press and hold the button to go to the firefly1 mode, and single click to turn it off.
3. Double click to go back to the Main section, it just go to the "Main1" mode instead of "Main3" mode that should be memorized.
4. In Step 2, after you press and hold the button and go into the firefly1 mode, double click right behind to go into the main section,
and you also go into the "Main1" mode instead of "Main3" mode which should be memorized.

Do I missed something in the manual or this is a real bug about the UI ?
Sorry for my poor English and hope everyone who own this flashlight can give you comments.

Thanks for your help !!

Hi!

PM sent.