• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Feeler on modded McLux PR's

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Feeler on modded McLux PR\'s

I have a couple of McLux PRs that I have modified to make more carry friendly.

I was going to do more, but was wondering if anyone would even be interested, especially in light of the fact that the McLux PR "T" has hit the shelves.

fa1136ba.jpg

fa1136ac.jpg

All I'd be able to offer is bare aluminum. I'm working on anodizing in colors, but haven't worked it out yet.

The bead blasted bezel ring on the E1e is off of a PM6.

Post and PM if interested.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Feeler on modded McLux PR\'s

Oh well, I guess I'll scrap this project. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

oeo2oo,
Not really. Even trimmed down as it is, it still has more mass than the KL4 head. It builds up heat quick because the heatsink is an integral part of the head, but the full size PR builds up heat quick too.

Although it does build heat quickly, it stabilizes fast as well. I haven't had any problems with these.

As far as that goes, I haven't had any problems pushing the KL4 mods up to an amp and beyond, so I feel pretty confident that heat will not be a problem with these.

I guess the short answer is that, although I may be decreasing it some, I am not defeating it. There is still plenty of surface area to dump the heat.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast

I believe there is still enough mass in the head to carry the heat quickly to all over the head, and from there, dissipate. I sure like the bead blasted bezel ring contrasting with the smooth and shiny head.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nerd,
That bezel ring came off of a PM6. I wanted to see how it looked. I guess I'm gonna have to buy a bead blaster now. At least I already have the air compressor to drive it.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Chop,
I'm interested in one or two.
What are you asking for the bare alu one?
Please PM me.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK guys,

There isn't much interest in these things, so I'm not gonna do a run of 'em. I have my mind on something more original anyway.

Those of you that have shown interest, I'll probably build a couple soon. Just to have something to do on my lathe while I wait for my stock to come in.

I went to check out a bead blasting cabinet today. If I can find the room for it in my workshop, I'll get one.

oeo2oo,
the one with the bead blasted bezel has been sold. I don't have anymore of the PM6 bezels. If I produce a bead blasted head, I'll let you know.