RofisLight        

Thread: New EagleTac lights mode switching mechanism - do they use pins?

Enlightened

Default New EagleTac lights mode switching mechanism - do they use pins?

I have read the thread about the new 2015 EagleTac lights, however, I'd like to possibly get confirmation from those out there that have purchased the P25LC2 or P25A2. I know these lights have pre-determined modes based on position of the head, but do they use spring loaded pins like the GX25A3? I haven't seen info regarding this.

I do like the GX25A3, but don't like the flickering sometimes due to movement of the head and the pins that control the modes. Bought DeOxit specifically to keep on top of this.

Thanks for any info out there!
    Last edited by rrego; 02-19-2015 at 11:36 PM.

Default Re: New EagleTac lights mode switching mechanism - do they use pins?

I've got a p200lc2 and its running off two pins. I'd assume the ones you mentioned are too. The head is more wobbly than my past eagletacs, which exacerbates the flickering. The result of sloppy threading. No complaints beyond that though.

Enlightened

Azhobo, thanks for the info on the P200LC2.

KJ2 - sorry to hear you sold the GX25A3. I really like mine and hope to keep on top of the flickering with DeOxit and hope to avoid some of that flickering.

Sounds like these new ones could possibly suffer from this flickering? I'll keep an eye on user reviews to see if I'd pull the trigger on one later. I really like the P25LC2 and the possibility to change up the modules for it, but we'll see.
    Last edited by rrego; 02-22-2015 at 03:33 AM.

Flashaholic

I have a tx25c2 and the mode switching is my only complain about the light. The flickering caused by the pins combined to the electronic side switch oftenly cause the light to shut off by itself.

Main reason why I sold my GX25A3. Those pins (and the threads) aren't precise enough, so flickering will occur.

Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    Main reason why I sold my GX25A3. Those pins (and the threads) aren't precise enough, so flickering will occur.
    Was it better in that regard if you kept the head tightened down in single only/high mode, or still get flickering using momentary etc. doesn't have to be just changing modes?

Quote Originally Posted by leon2245 View Post
    Was it better in that regard if you kept the head tightened down in single only/high mode, or still get flickering using momentary etc. doesn't have to be just changing modes?
    When head tightened, there wasn't really a problem. I could move the head which caused flickering.

Flashaholic

I just bought a GX25A3 and must say I don't find anything wrong with it. Apart from a bit of "pre-flash" I think it's called, I like the light.
    And the pre-flash does not really bother me at all, just that I noticed it because it's my first light to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums
    Fenix TK35/TK21 U2/PD32/LD12/E01/ Romisen RC-T602/ Klarus XT2C/ EagleTac D25LC2 Clicky, Thrunite TN31. , Olight s10, Eagletac D25LC2 factory mod XP-G2 with 2amp driver. Eagletac D25C Ti XM-L U2, D25C ti XP-G2, GX25A3.

Only way I can get any of my 6 ET's to flicker is by very slowly turning the heads. Other than that they have been rock solid. GX25A3 is one of the best LED lights I have ever bought...

Flashaholic

Well I've had mine almost a week now. Had some flickering twice due to the HUGE amount of lube they put on the threads. Cleaned the very end of the tube where electrical contact needs to be made and the flicker is gone right away.
    They seem to be way over lubing the lights these days. And make sure the end cap is on tight. I find this to be the source of any flicker and can't really see any effect from the pins.
    But im just a week in.
    Fenix TK35/TK21 U2/PD32/LD12/E01/ Romisen RC-T602/ Klarus XT2C/ EagleTac D25LC2 Clicky, Thrunite TN31. , Olight s10, Eagletac D25LC2 factory mod XP-G2 with 2amp driver. Eagletac D25C Ti XM-L U2, D25C ti XP-G2, GX25A3.

Enlightened

CelticCross74 - thanks for that insight (slow vs quick mode changes). I do remember the flickering happening on slow turning action, however when twisting quickly, I don't get it. I'll have to keep that in mind when in use.

loquutis79 - I'll be sure to check the tailcap tightness, but I think it might have been due to my slow mode changing at the time.

I have a new P25LC2 with no loose head or flickering problems. I like the simple EagleTac UI being able to set the power before turning on and no battery drain while turned off. I don't mind keeping the contacts clean and preserved with deoxit.
    Billy

paying attention to this thread made me go buy some deoxit and clean them lol. Amazing how dirty they were but then again they are my main EDCs