Streamlights Made in The US?

M.Link

Newly Enlightened
I've had quite a few Streamlights in my life, a couple Stingers, a couple Scorpions and a couple Stylus'. Right now I carry a TRL-1HL on my Glock, daily. That said, I've always thought Surefires were nicer lights, and I know they are made in the U.S. I really hate buying import things, even if they are good. I'm considering buying a new Stylus Pro, for EDC and am wondering if they are made in the U.S.? I was also looking at the 1AA, how about them? I use to carry a E1B, but sold it, and am thinking about switching to all Streamlights, they as a company have treated me better, and I have one mounted in my truck on a charger, already.

Yamabushi

Enlightened
The Stylus Pro is made in China. On the Streamlight website, you can check each product by going to the Docs/Info tab and checking the product's Fact Sheet. At the bottom of the sheet, it will state "Made in China" or "Assembled in the U.S.A.".

Yamabushi

Enlightened
Because of the electronic components, you're unlikely to find a mass-production LED flashlight that can legally be labelled "Made in U.S.A.", the most you're likely to find is "Assembled in the U.S.A." Even Maglite skirts the issue and uses "Built in the U.S.A.".

Last edited:

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can go for the elzetta alpha model. It's very compact, 315 lumens, completely modular, and the best part "Made in the USA". Their CS is also great and their products are built like tanks.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

There are plenty of good lights out of China, and I've never thought of Streamlights as all that great, regardless of where they were made.

SureFire are generally higher quality, you might like a G2X or 6PX.