Purchased my first surefire!

40ozof45

Newly Enlightened
Last year I purchased an fenix ld22 which I like but needed a light for work so I bought a sure fire ZX2 for home and I like it but not sure if I like the twist on constant feature too much. I was using the tactical on off mode and it seems as if got rotated on its own twice and stayed on, maybe I don't have it twisted ccw enough anyone have any insight? Thanks!

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome: ... I had a couple of G2s and a 6P before I joined here. I still love their performance (6P and 1 G2 have Malkoff M61LL led drop ins, and 1 G2 is still incandescent, with two spare bulb assemblies :D), and their tail cap forward clickie cannot be beat, imho.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

Congrats on the new flashlight. Just experiment with the tailcap by loosening it up a little further. Some people like to position it so it is just barely off and easier to activate constant-on. Others (like me) back it off a little further since they don't intend to use constant-on as much.

If you would rather have a click-type tailcap, the Malkoff tailcap is a good option (like 5S8Zh5 mentioned) or you can get a clicky conversion kit from OVEREADY.

40ozof45

Newly Enlightened
Awesome input thanks! What site do you guys recommend getting rail cap from? I just order http://thyrm.com as a flashlight ring option excited to see how I like it!

40ozof45

Newly Enlightened
:welcome:

Congrats on the new flashlight. Just experiment with the tailcap by loosening it up a little further. Some people like to position it so it is just barely off and easier to activate constant-on. Others (like me) back it off a little further since they don't intend to use constant-on as much.

If you would rather have a click-type tailcap, the Malkoff tailcap is a good option (like 5S8Zh5 mentioned) or you can get a clicky conversion kit from OVEREADY.
Great info thanks!

40ozof45

Newly Enlightened
Ook overready got it thanks! Sure fire doesn't make or offer other tailcap buttons?

ParaShootist

Newly Enlightened
Ook overready got it thanks! Sure fire doesn't make or offer other tailcap buttons?

Yep, Oveready. I believe that SureFire's Z59 clickie tailcap will fit a ZX2 - its listed as an accessory for G2X and 6PX. That being the case, other SF tailcaps (now unfortunately out of production) for the classics should work as well.

Latest posts