Fenix LD20 stopped working... what to do?

18inch

Newly Enlightened
So my LD20 stopped working all of the sudden... tried new batteries ... cleaning the contacts... nothing.. I feel bad throwing it out.

Is there a way to revive it or once its gone.. its gone? What can I do ?:whistle:

bright star

Newly Enlightened
How long have you had the flashlight for ? Fenix has a year warranty I believe but don't quote me. Might be the battery carrier itself contact fenix customer service they are awesome at helping.

18inch

Newly Enlightened
its been a while... like 3-4years i think.. i don't think its worth repairing and all that though..

Yamabushi

Enlightened
Have you eliminated the switch as the possible problem by grounding the negative terminal of the battery to the body of the flashlight?

ryukin2000

Enlightened
Try tightening the switch. It has two dimples so you can use needle nose pliers. I thought mine was junk until I tried it and it works fine now. It's common for it to become loose.

austinmark

Newly Enlightened
Try tightening the switch. It has two dimples so you can use needle nose pliers. I thought mine was junk until I tried it and it works fine now. It's common for it to become loose.

Tightening the switch worked for me! I just tried it using the awl on my SAK, and it tightened by almost a full rotation. And, behold, there was light! Thanks for the tip.

I can't wait to get home to tell my wife. She thought I was foolish for paying $3.75 for it at the REI Garage Sale on the hunch that I could get it to work again. Thanks, y'all!