Why own both a PD35/UC35 and an SC62W?

rwhitebbq

Newly Enlightened
I know - more is always better ;-) but beyond that and the neutral white of the ZL, what are the differences that would make me want both?

It seems that the output of the SC62 is the same but in a smaller package, but I'm sure I'm missing something!

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you hit the nail on the head. The SC62 is pocketable. I EDC mine every day. If you like the UI, and you want something to EDC or just otherwise take up less space, it's a great addition. If you don't want to pocket carry it and you already have the Fenix, it may not make sense.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix
- ability to run primaries
- tactical forward momentary clicky
- throw
- warranty and customer service

ZL
- size
- lower lows
- UI (personal preference)
- tint

ryukin2000

Enlightened
i have both and i only EDC the ZL because of size and the preference for low modes. GeoBruin hit the points spot on. i owned the PD35 first and wanted something smaller. if i owned the Zl first i doubt i would have looked for another. however i do like tail switches a lot too.

rwhitebbq

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. It seems like a very strong case to own both. I'm sure my wife will agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

ven

Flashaholic
Back up if one gets lost/breaks is enough in itself. Different UIs for me keeps interest in lights too.

Option of owning 2 different brands,maybe a house light and another edc,or car light etc............tbh 2 just does not cut it,you need many more:poke::whistle:

Not to mention having different tints,some suited more for specific tasks.............endless reasons really :laughing: ...........but i would say that;)
:D

joxa80

Newly Enlightened
get both to compare them side by side as an excuse:grin2:,and just keep both of them for not having declared a true winner.:wave:

Jvvjvv

Enlightened
get both to compare them side by side as an excuse:grin2:,and just keep both of them for not having declared a true winner.:wave:/QUOTE]

not good advice.......I have done that many times....to many over all ties :grin2: :shakehead

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
beam profiles to me seem to be pretty different. Love the size of the ZL. Love the built in USB charger on my UC35. Despite the size difference I happily EDC both of them in rotation. The Fenix comes with a 18650 included and a sheath...I use an old Coast sheath for my ZL's.