xp-l strange surface from sunwayman v11r

Croquette

Enlightened
Hi,
This is a shot from the xp-l led of my sunwayman v11r. You van see despite the poor quality of the picture that the led has two different tint. 2/3 blue and 1/3 yellow and I'm pretty sure the yellow part is slowly increasing.
ZIL2XJd.jpg

It's the first time I see this on one of my flashlight and would like to know if someone know what caused this and if I have to worry.
Regards,
Quentin.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Common, it's immaterial bounce-back from the AR coating on the lens... don't worry.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agree with reppans.
+ the yellow you see in the pic is prob a reflection of the yellow led die, still vislible in moonlight mode. If you turn the light off, you can still see the yellow circle in the reflector. The relfector is just a cone shaped mirror, put a yellow led die in it and youll see yellow circle in the reflector, a warm led with a more orange led die, would make it look more orange etc.

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
Maybe some phosphor came off.

If phosphor came off it should become more blueish, not yellow.

Has it always been that way?

@croquette: Where did you get the V11R? They're a b***h to get a hold of in Belgium.

Croquette

Enlightened
Hi,

And the Yellow part was not that important when I receive the light. It's like the light is changing of tint, the yellow part produce a clearly more yellow beam than the "blue" part.

@ TheBelgian : I got it from GGear... with crazy shipping price and taxes and administrative fees... just wanted it... cost me around 120€ :party:

Croquette

Enlightened
Mistery solved ! The dome came off... And now i have a self de-domed v11r. The tint is yellower but no green so not to sad.

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
@ TheBelgian : I got it from GGear... with crazy shipping price and taxes and administrative fees... just wanted it... cost me around 120€ :party:

Found it for about the same price at Ledsherp.nl, but thought that was a bit pricey.
Incidentally, one thing that makes me a bit apprehensive of the v11r are the short threads. Have you found them to come undone to easily or do they screw in very tight?

Also, nice auto-dedome, should be a nice little pocket rocket in terms of throw.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far my V11R have not unscrew on its own, despite seeing everyday usage.
The o rings makes it difficult for the parts to unscrew on its own.

Croquette

Enlightened
So far my V11R have not unscrew on its own, despite seeing everyday usage.
The o rings makes it difficult for the parts to unscrew on its own.

I agree. You need some strengh to screw the head and even more the AA extender. No way it will unscrew by itself.

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
The dome came off? First time I have heard of that happening to an LED light wow! So does that mean the dome is now just rattling around in the reflector? For the price you paid I would be p*ssed! Contact GG and they will take care of you my experience with them has been top notch. Should take some beam shots before you send it back that would be very interesting...

recDNA

Flashaholic
Found it for about the same price at Ledsherp.nl, but thought that was a bit pricey.
Incidentally, one thing that makes me a bit apprehensive of the v11r are the short threads. Have you found them to come undone to easily or do they screw in very tight?

Also, nice auto-dedome, should be a nice little pocket rocket in terms of throw.
I have 2 v11r and never had the slightest problem with either of them.

Croquette

Enlightened
Yup the dome came off. I opened the light to remove it. I haven't any problem with the light, only the led.
It will cost me more to send back the light to GG than buying a new one so ...

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow they wont send you a pre paid shipping label? The owner of GG (Marshall) is a member of this forum. I would imagine if he saw this thread he would hook you up. But hey a de domed XP-L V11R? Why not..